What? How Can I?

Chapter 16

...You smile and Mara hugs you.

"Have you taught yet today?" Mara asks.

"Actually no, and I don't feel like it. I talked to Jacen and he said he will take over for today. Either way it is almost done," you reply. "I haven't been feeling myself for the past few days so I'm taking a two day break from it."

"You need a break," Luke adds. "There's not much you can do if you aren't feeling well during your pregnancy."

"I feel nauseous," you reply before you faint and Mara grabs you.

Mara sits you on a chair and looks at you.

"Maria, how long have you felt this way?"

"No too long ago. I know I called Jacen early this morning saying I will not be able to teach for two days. Yesterday I felt fine."

"What time?"

"Six or so"

"Well at least we can treat it hopefully but you need to go back to the infirmary."

You nod your head and you are gently guided back to there. They examine you and they conclude that is just a flu bug in your body and just to take medications for a week and not teach. You are left in Lukes office as you fall asleep on the couch until Anakin goes back to the apartment. You felt someone shaking you.

"Who's there?" you inquire

"Anakin, it's time to go," he replies.

"Okay."

You sit up and go to the speeder. Once at the apartment you go to your bed room and get more rest.

*Anakin's POV*

You go to Padme and hug her.

"Is something wrong with Maria?" she inquires.

"She's sick. It should be gone in a couple more days but because she's pregnant she'll be on medications for at least a week," you reply.

"How did she get it?"

"I don't know."

"When does she take her medicine?"

"Every twelve hours but she didn't take any with lunch because it has to be with food so she is waiting for dinner to take it so when it is breakfast she can get it in."

"I'm going to get dinner started."

Padme gets dinner ready and you get a few things ready for Maria.

*Your POV*

You wake up to the smell of food. You stumble to the kitchen and sit down at the table. Padme gets the food on the table and Anakin comes in.

"Maria, are you up to eating?" Padme inquires.

"Yes, I'm starving," you reply.

You guys eat and then go to the living room. You see two small gifts on the coffee table and you are trying to figure out why. You sit down and see that they both are for you.

'I know it isnt my birthday nor is it Christmas on Earth. Why the heck did they plan to give m presents,' you think.

"We thought they might be useful," Anakin states. "Open them up."

You open them up and you get two beautiful necklaces on pink gem and a locket on with diamond.

"Thank you," you state.

"You're welcome," they state in unison.

"How many are you expecting?" Padme inquires.

"Two, I'm having twins. I think they are fraternal twins due to that they are on opposite side of each other when I looked at it."

"Aren't you going to have fun," Anakin teases.

"Anakin, I hope you realize sooner or later my hormones will get the better of me when you tease me," you retort.

"Was that one?"

"No"

"Just checking"

You roll your eyes and sigh. *FF to vacation* You told Yoda that you did not want to teach the class anymore and he reluctantly let you step down because of your fear of losing them. Right now you are packing up for the vacation and L0L and 3P0 is helping you pack up. Anakin comes in and...