What? How Can I?

Chapter 28

...The doctors look over you and they quickly get a midwife droid and your obstetrician they get you hooked up so you can be monitored closely. Luke and Mara come in and they move your hair.

"Hi, Luke and Mara, I guess there is no turning back now for me," you state.

"Well you are close to 9 months along. Your water would break soon," Mara states. "I think you only have one more week before you are nine months anyways. Or at least that is your date set."

The droids come in and you sit up.

"We want you here until you give birth. You aren't quite ready but your health and the babies are in a little bit of danger," he starts.

"What?" you reply.

"Your scar, it just released a harsh chemical into your system. We don't know what it would do to the children."

"What chemical?"

"We don't know. But we dont want do anything that would harm you or the babies."

"Of course."

You feel your back opening up and you just cringe.

"Crap, I think my scar came open," you state.

He takes a look at it and it only opened a few inches from the end of the scar and you get bandaged up. Luke and Mara leaves. For the past week the scar has opened up little by little from all the contractions and it has caused her even more unrest other than the twins keep being active.

"Can't you two give me time to rest!" you shout at your stomach. "With my back, contractions, and you two I haven't been able to sleep."

One of the kids kicks your rib cage and you just massage the area. You are about to go to sleep when you feel something warm between your legs. By that time a doctor comes in and looks at.

"I think your water broke," he states.

"So what I'm in the infirmary so"

"I'll get your obstetrician."

The doctor leaves and your obstetrician comes in and takes a look and smiles.

"Yep your water broke"

"Good more sleep time for me."

"No, You will give birth soon and you need to be awake. Plus you are fully dilated."

"Well I can sleep while you get stuff ready and call Luke and Mara"

"The nurses will due that."

"Party pooper."

Stuff gets ready and half of your extended family comes and a lot Jedi but you only let Luke, Mara, Han and Leah in. By that time the pain was so great for her it was keeping her awake.

"Please tell me something will be out soon?" you shout after the pain subsided for now.

"The one is close. Shouldn't be too longer but you need to push on the next contraction," states you doctor.

"You have to be kidding me."

"Nope."

"The contraction is coming give me a big push. I know you can do that. You did that with the test push earlier when no one was here."

You push and you can feel the head and you just lay back but then the next one comes. The first one comes with in two pushes due to the fact you can push a lot longer than some others or obstetrician has had.

"It's a boy, Maria," the doctor states.

"Silver Victor," you reply.

"I see the next one."

You just nod trying to catch your breath between contractions. You feel blood from your back and you have a bad feeling about the next push.

"Push!"

You give a long push and the next one is born in one single push and you feel the rest of the scar drop on your bed.

"Its a girl, Maria. And is your back alright?"

"The rest of my scar broke off," you reply. "Her name is Star Naomi."

"Okay."

They clean your children off as you get bandaged up and you are cleaned up. You sigh and hold them both and you know you can't really breast feed them that well with bandages so the nurse give you bottles. You smile at both of them and...