What? How Can I?

Chapter 29

...You smile at both of them and Luke kisses your forehead.

"They're beautiful," he states.

"Thanks, Luke," you reply.

"No problem. You'll be a good mother to them."

You nod your head the nurse takes Star and gives you a bottle for the Silver. Once they both are fed the doctor comes in.

"Good to see you are still up I thought you would be sleeping," he teases.

"Sorry to disappoint you but my kids were born I don't want to go to sleep just yet," you reply.

"Okay, I just need to tell you that we are just keeping you for at least two weeks maybe longer. Your back has us concerned I know it may never heal but that protective layer shouldn't be like what it is. It needs to be sturdier. From what Luke told me about it. It seems flimsy we need to get something to fix that. And we just want to keep an eye on the kids as well but right now you are the major concern."

"Okay, I understand. The kids would be able to stay with me wouldn't they?"

"Yes, they would we figure they might have a stronger bond to you because of you being so force sensitive than others we know. And your kids will be force sensitive since both you and the one who did this to you is also force sensitive."

"How would you try to fix the protective layer?"

"It won't be easy and I'm afraid you won't be able to breast feed with what will be given to you. We are going to give you medications taken by mouth for the weeks you are hear and four weeks after you are released twice a day. And you would be going to physical therapy."

"What are the consequences of the drug?"

"Dizziness, fainting, nausea, flue, and for Jedi they might lose their powers for awhile but not long. But we rarely have any of those happen. But if those were to occur it would be in the two week mark. If the do occur when you are on discharged call me and well take it from there."

You nod your head and the rest leave while you fall asleep and the kids are put into cribs near by you. For the past two weeks you have been feeling fine with the drug and you really havent had any symptoms from the drug so you are discharged and Anakin takes you back to the apartment.

"I'll be back in an hour. Will you be alright by yourself with the kids?" asks Anakin.

"I'll be fine; they're sleeping right now so I should be able to put some clothes away for myself."

"Okay, but remember you are on your own and there are no nurses around and you know both of them feed at the same time on a feed by crying basis."

"I should know that I am their mother after all."

Anakin leaves and you put some clothes away when either Star or Silver starts crying then shortly the other one comes in. You go to both of them and pick them up and they stop crying and look at you with a hungry look. You go to the kitchen and sit them both in the high chairs so you can get the bottles prepared. You get the bottles and you know one has to be first then the other on so take Star first and feed her. You get them both feed and burped by the time visitors come. You go to the living room to see Yoda coming in.

"Hi, Yoda," you state.

"Child rearing alone, I see," he replies. "Tough Job it is."

"I'm doing fine I don't need you to criticize me but don't you have to go to a counsel meeting or something?"

"Had it already we did."

"Okay, whatever. Just don't criticize my parenting style. I'm only a single parent and I am new at this. And I don't need it."

Yoda just sits down and Obi-Wan comes in.

"Hi, Obi-wan," you state.

"Maria, how are you feeling?"

"Fine, a little tired but fine." As soon as you say that you smell that the kids needs changed because you are still holding them. "Come on you little stinkers. Mommy needs a break."

You take them into your room and change them both and they both fall to sleep. You get them both back into the car seats so they can be in the living room.

"Can I hold one of them?" Obi-wan asks.

"Which one?" you reply.

"Star"

"Sure"

You give Star to Obi-Wan and she just cuddles into him. You take Silver and rock him gently.

"How often do you feed them?" Obi-wan inquires.

"When they cry to be feed they don't have a schedule yet. It also depends how much they eat the last time. This time they drank their whole bottle and didnt want me to stop feeding them so it will be a while before they need feed again. I hope," you answer. "And this is my first day home with them."

"You'll get the hang of it."

"I hope."

"Don't worry you will."

"How soon is the trail anyways?"

"It is in exactly a month."

"Okay, I had forgotten. Thats all."

"How's your back?"

"Fine"

*FF a month* You are getting you ready and Star and Silver who is a month old for the trail but they are evidence since the blood showed that they were Abaddon's children. You sigh and...