Status: ACTIVE. :)

Thorns

"You don't have demons in you. You're just like me."

My black Mary-Janes hit the pavement in a monotous rhythem. I had heard the sound so long now, it was beginning to comfort me in my run. Tears streamed down my face, and even with the salty droplets in my eyes, all I could see was the blood. I didn't mean to, I didn't know how it happened. The school-yard had always been such a comforting place, but now, no kid would ever want to return. I kept running with the words replaying my head; "Demon! Cursed Child!" The horrified faces of Mother Natalie and Sister Catherine raised guilt in my throat. What had I done? I was always their favorite student, but I found myself escaping my school, and my home, in a hurry with their screams following me down the street.

I didn't know the part of town I was in anymore. In all honestly, I hadn't been able to step out of my school to explore at all. Beautiful houses with elaborate iron fences where on both sides of the street. Being lost only deepend the pit in my stomach, and I allowed my exhausted legs to stop. Sitting on the curb-side, I let my tears drop free. I sobbed and choked on the realizations of my actions. I could never go home.

A soft, whizzing noise was coming from behind me, and I attempted to dry my tears. As I turned around, a peculiar disk floated to my side. It must have come from the house behind me. As I examined the strange toy, the iron gates opened (or at least, I think the they did. It seemed as if they just disappeared into thin air for a quick moment), and a pale, blonde boy stepped towards me.

He was my age, around 10, and posessed piercing grey eyes. Even though he was obviously playing, he still wore dressy attire. I hid my puffy, tear-stained face in embarressment. Never let boys see you crying; I knew that.

"Ay! What are you doing outside my house?" he bellowed at me. I had reached my limits on how many raised voices I could have in one day, and without replaying, I stood up. Before I could return to my sprinting, though, the boy called to me again, "Wait, are you upset? What is wrong?"

I sighed, "You wouldn't understand." I didn't need another person thinking I was a freak, I thought, turning my face away from the boy. When I faced him again, he was holding a gorgeous white flower. I hadn't the slightest idea where he could have plucked it from, for I knew it wasn't in his position before, but the size and beauty of it warmed my heart. It was unlike anything I had seen, and he held it out in my direction. The delicate white petals where longer then my hand. It was a ivory rose with the most vibrant green short-stem. I smiled into the beautiful plant.

"I'm really sorry your sad. You shouldn't cry though, I'm here now," he boy said, trying to soother my exasperated soul. I sat back down on the curb with my blossom and stared into it. "Are you going to go to Hogwarts? Father says I should be getting my letter soon," The boy asked me after a few seconds of silence.

"What's Hogwarts? No, I guess I don't go to any school anymore.. That's where I just came from. They sure don't want me anymore," I replied, fading more quiet and more shy with shame with each syllable.

"What did you do?" he asked, very interested. I decided this was somebody I could trust. I had to talk to somebody about today, and why not him?

"Well, I don't rightly know, actually. Sarah kept kicking my seat, and kicking my seat until I couldn't take it no more and told her to stop! But, she wouldn't. She said she wouldn't take orders from a girl who just got dropped off on the front steps and didn't even have a Mum or Dad. I got real mad, but before I could say anything, blood poured out her nose and her head smacked the desk. Her whole body started shaking and she screamed real loud. I was so mad at her, and Mother Natalie knew it was me. I did something to her, I don't know what, but she was in real bad pain! It was my fault, I made Sarah hurt with my mind. They wanted to have an exorcism, said I had demons in me, so I ran away," I told the boy, who listened, shocked.

"You don't have demons in you. You're just like me. You will be getting your letter from Hogwarts soon, too! It's magic," he said, excited, even though my gruesome story should have made im run away in fear.

"Magic?" I said, suddenly believing this boy was unworthy of my trust, and wished I just kept my mouth shut.

"Yeah, magic. My whole family has magic, and I used to make all sorts of things happen. I once made my Mom's dress catch fire because she gave me a whipping. It just happens. That's what Hogwarts is for, you get a wand and they teach you how to control it. I can't wait to go be in Slytherin, like my parents were," he said in a mischevious tone. The place sounded real funny to me, but I quite liked the boy. He put out both of his hands and gave me a look that sad watch. With a slow wave of his right hand, a small seed appeared in his left palm. Slowly, the spud bloomed into another, flawless white rose right before my eyes.

"What's your name?" I asked, in amazement.

"Draco, Draco Malfoy. What's yours?" Draco replied, handing me the stunning flower.

"Jessalyn Reese," I said. A lady's voice called Draco's name from the front porch of the castle of a house he lived in.

"I've got to go, but I know I will see you at school! Good-bye, Jessalyn," he said with a smirk, as he ran back through the invisible gate and up the stairs to his front door. I waved to him with a smile until he dissapeared inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what do you think about chapter one?!