Status: ACTIVE. :)

Thorns

"... just like your father."

HUFFLEPUFF The tattered, old hat bellowed through the Great Hall. The scrawny, freckled girl smiled as the magical hat was lifted off of her head and one of the tables erupted for her invitation. She took quick steps to the welcoming faces. Each one of their smiles said, "you are now part of our family".

All the bodies in line with me were just children, and I stuck out like a sore thumb. I looked behind me to the four long tables of students of all ages. The house colors were displayed gloriously through the tables' arrangements. Flags depicting each of the houses and their crests were proudly above the heads of each house. Ginny waved at me from the Gryffindor table, and I longed to just scurry off already and take my seat beside her.

The short, chubby boy behind me gave me a little push forward, seeing as I had spaced out while my name was called. I took my seat on the wobbley, wooden stool and closed my eyes, as the Sorting Hat rested on my head. I tried not to think every eye was turned to me.

Well, this pretty little rose has a couple thorns, doesn't she? I would recommend people stay on your good side. Pretty, pretty face but oh, you have are so sharp and cunning, just like your father. It is no doubt you belong in ... SLYTHERIN."

The table on the opposite end of Ginny's stood up and cheered. I found Ginny's confused face quickly, but I didn't have any answers for her. I took slow steps toward my house, and pulled together a weak smile. I was surrounded by the "vain, rich pureblood snobs". I was one of them now. I tried to get that through my head. The faces at my table smiled like geniune people. Although, I felt like their emerald badges were staring at me.

"Congratulations on making it into Slytherin," a beautiful, oriental girl said to me, honestly attempting to be friendly.

"Oh, well thanks, but I was kind of just placed here.." I replied, confused.

"Only the most elite students can be one of us. Not just anybody can be a Slytherin, you should be proud," she said, seeming very pride-filled herself. I knew she was just trying to be nice, so I smiled graciously and thanked her again. A flash of familier hair quickly came into my range of vision. At the end of the Slytherin table I caught a glimpse of a pair of eyes that can't be forgotten.

"Umm hey, could you tell me who that boy is, please?" I asked the gorgeous Asian girl sweetly, gesturing in his direction.

She grinned lustfully before saying, "That's Draco Malfoy. He's practically a Slytherin god. If sex could walk around in black suits, it would be Draco." Even after she was done, her gaze lingered on him. I don't blame her, mine did too. Fixated on him, my heart couldn't help but beat at an accelerated pace. Warmth spread in my heart, I remembered him from years ago as the sweet boy who had comforted me so much at the greatest turning point of my life. He had definitly aged well, I couldn't take my eyes off his light skin and nearly white hair.

"Too bad that nasty dog has him locked tight in her jaws, it's honestly sickening to watch her drool on him," my first acquintance continued. Just then, I noticed what I hadn't seen before. A pug-faced girl was affectionately stroking his leg under the table. My throat tightened. "That's Pansy. She's as cute as a blast-ended skrewt and about as friendly too."

Just then, Pansy's head whipped to our end of the table. Her scowl was rotton and I immediately hated her.

"Her crowd are the ones that give our house a foul name. Just stick with me. My name is Aki Sakura," my new friend said, but I was elsewhere in my mind, as my eyes refused to tear away from Draco.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, the Sorting Hat. :)
What do you guys think so far?