Status: On-hold.

Secret Boxes

He, the Stalker.

His new neighbor was anti-social. She kept to herself and the first two weeks she had a schedule. On Mondays she would go to work at eight-thirty and return around five-forty-five. After that she would disappear into her house and not come back out till nine o’clock at night and check her mailbox.

Her following days would be the same until Thursday, when she would take her load of laundry to her car. And at two-thirty on those days, she would return with groceries and laundry filling her vehicle up.

On Fridays she would do the exact same as Monday only with a jog around the neighbor after work. Charlie felt like a stalker, yet was more intrigued by his new neighbor. She didn’t socialize with anyone and no one ever came by to visit her.

Not that all he did was stare out the window at her. He wrote comics for a living for the local and distant newspaper. Finding interesting things to write about had become difficult over the months, but now he had more material oozing from his ears.

Image

The next Thursday, Charlie made his move. When she arrived back from her weekly laundry and grocery trip, he happened to be outside watering his overly green lawn. “Hey!” he hollered at her.

Frightened, she dropped her purse and banged her head on the roof of her car. Charlie smiled and walked over to her, “You want some help with that? By the way I’m Charlie Duhn.”

Her face became panicked for a few moments but she forced it away, “No thanks. I’ve got it.”

“Are you sure? I could defiantly help you out,” he offered with more pressure.

She watched him carefully for a few moments before nodding, “I guess you could help. I’m Ellis Green.”

His smile startled her, he could tell. Grabbing some bags, he followed her into her house. Oh yes, he was going to have perfect material for his readers.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)