Status: Completed

Death by Charms

Chapter One

Life was finally good again. I didn't have nightmares anymore, I had an amazing boyfriend and a baby sister on the way. Life was finally good again, until that one faithful day. The faithful day when I saw David Karofsky for the first time in over a year.
I was frozen in my place. My feet were as if they were glued to the floor. I couldn't move, talk, breathe or even comprehend anything. I finally came back when Aiden was standing in front of me waving his hands about, "Kurt, are you okay?"
I cleared my throat, "Uhh, yeah, just fine." But actually, I wasn't. My eyes were transfixed on David, sitting at a table, all alone, wearing a Dalton Academy blazer, sipping his coffee.
"You sure don't look fine," Aiden protested.
"Lay off, will you?" I barked, but quickly tried to take it back.
"Fine," he interrupted my apology. "I'll, 'lay off.' I'm going to get our coffee," he glared then stormed off.
I shuffled my way as fast as I could over David as soon and Aiden was gone. I casually slipped onto a chair next to him. "Hey," I said to him as if I see him everyday. I caught him off gard and he spilled his Orange Mocha Frappacheino all over his blazer.
"Thanks, jackass!" he shouted, but then turned and saw me sitting, smiling at him. His eyes changed from harshness to apologetic, "Kurt!" he exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"
"Just here with my boyfriend," I paused awkwardly, "getting coffee. I see you go to Dalton now," I retorted, changing the subject.
"Oh, yeah, I do," he said looking down at his coffee stained jacket. "It's a nice school."
"Yeah, Blaine used to go there," I said with a lump in my throat, making it sound like Blaine's death was David's fault.
I glanced around to avoid the awkwardness of eye contact with nothing to say. I spotted Aiden holding our coffee, my medium drip and his Americano. He set the drinks down and asked, "Who's this and who's Blaine."
David opened his mouth to answer, but grabbed his arm, stopping him from continuing, "This is David and Blaine's an just and old friend of ours."
Blaine was more than a friend. Way more. Blaine was my first love. My first love that got his life ripped away from himself and me by some psycho who stole a semi-truck. But, I feel as if his death was my fault. If I never would have cheated on him with David Karofsky, McKinley High's (ex) top offender, Blaine never would have run off, and never would have gotten hit.
It's all my fault.
Aiden handed me my coffee, but he wasn't aware, that I wasn't aware. The cup hit the floor and emptied it contents.
"Oh!" I exclaimed jumping from my seat. "I'm so sorry!" Aiden and I both bent down to clean up the spilled beverage when we bumped heads. Our giggles rang through out the Lima Bean. Aiden looked up and kissed me.
Life was finally good again.