Status: Completed

Sharpest Lives to the Dullest Deaths

Chapter Three

Frank took us to this store that didn't even look like a store, but he insisted that it was. On the outside it looked like a huge warehouse, but when we walked in, I was mistaken. The inside was even bigger than the outside looked.
While Frank was looking for perfect clothes for me to wear, I tried to make conversation, "So, If you don't mind me knowing, can you tell me how the five of you died?"
"Well, Gerard and I came here together," he giggled awkwardly. "Uh, him and I were kidnapped then raped and later killed," he said no taking his eyes off the clothing.
"Oh, sorry I asked," I muttered.
"At least I came here with my one and only true love." He went on, "Gerard's brother, Mikey, the tall blonde one, went into a deep depression when their grandmother passed. After what happened to Gerard and I, he went over the edge, literally. He jumped off a cliff into a river, His body was never found."
I stared with full interest. He continued, "The three of us didn't know Ray or Bob before here, but Ray stole too many of his grandfather's meds and O.D'ed on oxycotten and Bob was a mass murderer."
My jaw dropped at his nonchalant last comment, "But, shouldn't he be in Hell then, no Heaven?" I was never very religious, I went to church Chrisman and Easter, but I was still curious.
"Ha!" he laughed quite loudly. “There is no Heave and Hell, darling. Just here."
"Well, if that's so, then where is here?" I questioned.
He seemed to struggled with the correct words for this, "There's no official name for 'here,' but i call it Parade Land. If you asked someone else, you will most likely get a completely different answer."
I stood and stared off in spare for a few moments, trying to process the copious amount of information I just received. "So, what you're saying is, I'm 'here' until the end of entirety?"
"Course not!" Frankie exclaimed. "This is just part of it! When your time is up here, you move on to the next. Whether that be reincarnation or something. People leave here all the time." He zoned off into the outfits, "I sure hope Gee and I go together."
I just found out that everything I was taught to believe, was all wrong. "If I'm dead, but this isn't Heaven or Hell, is there even a god?"
He zoned back in, "There is no god here, but in another place? Possibly.We won't ever know until me actually meet him, if ever."
I used to be so sure in the existence of God, but now, I'm doubting my beliefs.
"Yes!" Frank exclaimed. "Here, take these. Oh, and this," he held up a Black jacket that was identical to his and the others. "Now, that you have a uniform, I guess you're one of us now." He smiled the most friendly and genuine smile I have ever see, I couldn't help but smile back with just as much enthusiasm.
I felt something I have never felt before, acceptance, belonging, love. A few tears began to slip from my eye down my cheeks. Frank's whole expression changed from rays of bursting sunshine to a sorrowful and worrying storm clouds.
"What's a matter, sugar?" he implored.
"Nothing, it's nothing," I quickly wiped my face with the back of my arms and grinned.
I thought death would be dark and scary. Boy was I wrong.