The Time Capsule

Chapter Seventeen

Selena

“SeeSee.” Someone whispers in my ear, shaking my body, “it’s time to get up.” My eyes flutter open to see Amber, grinning at me.

A yawn escapes my lips as I focus, “Since when do you call me SeeSee?” I ask, knowing that the last person to call me that was my dad…when I was in elementary school.

“Since you won’t let us call you the other nickname.” The topic was dropped after that. “So, aren’t you going to ask me about my night?” I laugh, realizing what she wanted to do.

“Amber, I didn’t see you at all after I came up here. What were you up to last night?”

She squeals like the high school cheerleader she was and sits down across from me on the bed, “I went out to the treehouse and then Greg showed up with all this junk food and tv shows to help me get over Peter. But before all of that I blurted out that I liked him in high school and we got to talking and he told me stuff that I can’t repeat, sorry, but but but!” she was talking so fast that she forgot to breathe and paused to do so.

“but…” I urge her on, faking my smile for her.

“but then after a short argument we kissed.” She lets out another breath and I giggle.

“So, should I be getting a wedding invitation soon?”

Amber slaps my arm, “don’t be silly! It was only a kiss.”

“yes, it was only a kiss that’s got you acting this way.”

“it was!! I swear, nothing else happened.” Amber squeals again and does some little happy dance.

“are you guys together now, or what?”

“He has some good reasons as to why we shouldn’t be together. Which I’m taking into consideration. But I think I may just move down to California, he’ll soon love the fact that I did.” It was great to see Amber like this. Her whole body was glowing with happiness, something that I didn’t see much in my life. “Are you happy Selena?”

“I am happy for you Amber.” I was. She deserved someone like Greg. Hell, all girls deserve someone like Greg.

“That wasn’t my question Selena.”

I sigh, knowing that I had avoided her actual question. “I’m surviving. Right now, that’s enough.”

“well, get up and dressed. We’re going out to lunch with my parents and then headed over to Mr. Watsons’.”

I groan and push the covers off of me, “whose stupid idea was it to visit all of the homes?”

Amber laughs, “yours, silly. Now come on, and get going.”

I roll my eyes, “are you going to tell me what to wear too mother.”

She glares at me and walks over to the suitcase by the bed. I didn’t actually expect her to do so, but hey, saves me time. “Get in the shower and I’ll have something on the bed for you to wear.”

“yes ma’am.” I climb out of bed and into the bathroom.

Amber was gone when I finished in the bathroom. I found a pair of skinny jeans and a black tank top sitting on the bed. Wasn’t the worst outfit that she could have chosen, so I decided to wear it.

Throughout lunch, Amber and Greg couldn’t stop acting like some flirty couple. I could tell that Margret and Andrew quickly took a liking to the idea of Amber and Greg dating. Though I don’t even think that’s what they’re doing. It seems more like a ‘let’s see where this goes’ thing more than an actual dating thing. But hey, what do I know when it comes to love? Absolutely nothing.

James and I hadn’t spoken a word to each other since last night and I don’t think that’ll be changing anytime soon. It’s for the best though; it’ll be easier to forget any of this happened if I don’t make amends with him.

But even so, I was still going to continue on with this adventure of ours. And that’s why I’m standing here with my three ex-best friends, waiting for Grant Watson to open his front door.

“James Christopher, you need to visit more often.” Grant, James’ dad, exclaims, pulling him into a hug. The rest of us chuckle as the scene plays itself out. “don’t think you three are off the hook.” Grant pulls me into a hug next and I laugh. “where have you been Selena? I would have sworn you fell off the face of the planet if I hadn’t talked to your dad.”

“yeah, well, I’ve had a lot of stuff to focus on.” It wasn’t a total lie, but obviously not the truth, and Grant knew that. He let go of me and went over to Greg and Amber. James locks eyes with me and I quickly look away. I pretty much can’t handle anything with James anymore. It doesn’t matter how much I want to fight him, I just don’t have the fight left.

Since it was a weekday, Grant had only come home from work to greet us. So after showing us to our rooms, he left to get back to his job. That left us time to settle in and walk around the land.

I just hope I can pull Amber away from Greg for some time so that I’m not alone. Though that’s definitely easier said than done. Like I told her, I was happy for them. Deep down though, I know I’m jealous. They got what they always wanted, and me? I still can’t let go of something that happened sixteen years ago.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment (pretty please!).subscribe(you know you wanna).befriend(I like 'em!!).promote(only if you want to)
please :)
<3 justrealizelife