The Time Capsule

Chapter Nineteen

Amber

Greg and I were sitting on the back porch, waiting for the current fight between James and Selena to be over. I will still hold to my thought that they are meant for each other, even if they do fight constantly.

The door behind us shuts and I heard feet running, but didn’t bother to open my eyes. I knew it was Selena, I just don’t want to chase after this time. “would you rather go talk to Selena or meet Carrie?” Greg whispers in my ear, making my eyes pop open.

“who’s Carrie?”

“your bodyguard silly. We got a little side-tracked last night and forgot about it.” I started bouncing up and down like a child at Christmas. Honestly, I shouldn’t be this excited about meeting a body guard. “I take that as a yes.” He chuckles and pulls out his phone, typing a few things in.

“did you pick her?” I ask him. Sounds stupid, but wouldn’t it just be sweet to have a guy pick out your very own body guard? Okay, well, I think it would be sweet.

“well, she’s married to my body guard, Simon, but I’ve never hired her because I don’t like the idea of having them work together. When I got dragged along for this trip, I figured it would be good to have a woman body guard. So yes, I guess I did pick her out myself.”

“why don’t you want them to work together?”

Greg leans down and kisses my lips lightly, “because, if anything were to happen I’d need Simon’s full attention on the issue, not worrying about his wife.”

Before I could say anything, two figures were walking up the pathway. They were holding hands and laughing as they approached. “your text is pretty stupid sounding Greg.” Simon says, continuing to chuckle.

It was nice to see them acting like friends. That way it wasn’t just a business transaction. While the boys have their conversation about the text I turn my attention to Carrie, “um, hi.” I say, suddenly shy. I wasn’t quite sure if I should introduce myself or not. I mean, she technically knows you I am.

Carrie smiles at me, “I can’t believe someone’s finally been able to catch his eye. Especially when you need to be guarded so carefully.” She jokes.

“yeah, well, I guess that comes with knowing him since diapers. Sadly though, it won’t be continuing past this week.” I glance sideways at Greg, watching as he easily engaged in conversation with Simon. “Anyways, you two must be good at your job since I didn’t know anyone was following us.”

Carrie laughs, “you’ve seen me around, you’re just been too caught up with that guy to notice.”

I give her a confused look, “what do you mean?”

“Hello, my name is Sally and I will be your server this afternoon.” She says with a thick southern accent-fake of course.

“you were our waitress?” Carrie and I talked for a while, getting to know each other. It wasn’t until I heard a car door shut that I realized how long we’d been outside. Simon and Carrie headed back to…wherever they came from and Greg and I went back inside.

We found James and his dad in the kitchen, glaring at each other.

Greg was brave enough to ask what the problem was. Grant points at James, “this son of mine is a jerk.”

James ignores his fathers’ words and turns to me, “have you seen Selena?”

My eyes widen, “a couple of hours ago she ran out the door. Why?” I pause for a second, “dammit James, don’t tell me you did something to hurt her.”

“I-I didn’t mean to. I swear! Just, can you call her? I don’t know, she won’t answer my calls.”

Greg beat me to calling Selena, though the instant he did the front door opened. Selena appeared in the doorway, looking quite annoyed.

“I’m thirty you guys, not thirteen.” She turns to glare at James, “I should be able to leave without you bugging me every five minutes.”

Grant steps forward to say something, “Selena, if my son-”

“Dad, shut up right now!” the room falls silent, Greg and I watching the scene play out. I’m assuming that James told his dad everything that happened and obviously Grant didn’t take it that well.

“Hey Grant, do you mind if I make dinner?” he shakes his head no, so I head off to the kitchen. Everyone follows, going their separate ways.

And to think this trip is barely half way done.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment.Subscribe.Befriend.Promote.
Please.
<3 Justrealizelife