The Time Capsule

Chapter Twenty-Four

Greg

Amber slept in my bed that night. Not that we did anything except for sleep. Cause that’s honestly all we did. Nonetheless, it was nice having someone to wake up to in the morning. And since she was still asleep, I figured I’d just stay in bed until she did finally wake up.

Though James had other plans, and about five minutes later came barging into my room.

“She ran away.” He says, holding what looks like an envelope in his hands.

I rub the sleep out of my eyes and sit up, Amber following my movements. “What?”

“Selena, she’s gone.” Amber tensed next to me while I waited for James to continue. “I-I wrote this silly letter to her years ago. Not right after the break-up, but around that time. But I was too scared to give it to her. So I put it under the pillow in the guest room she always used. That’s why I wanted to go into her room last night, to get the letter. But Amber told me not to and I figured I’d respect that…also I was hoping she’d just ignore it. I went in this morning to grab it quickly but when I entered the room it was empty. No bags, the bed was made, and when I reached for the letter the envelope was already tone open. Though the letter itself was replaced with one from Selena.”

I glanced sideways to the girl sitting in my bed. Her face showed rage and I knew that if she wasn’t just wearing one of my t-shirts she’d be across the room right now slapping James. “can I read the letter?” James nods and hands the envelope to me.

“out loud please.” Amber requests since she didn’t have her contacts in and therefore couldn’t read it over my shoulder.”

I nod and unfold the paper,

“James,
You’re not exactly the brightest person on the planet, leaving the letter under a pillow for so many years. What, did you think the tooth-fairy would pick it up? Well that didn’t happen. I didn’t exactly think you could have made me feel worse last night. You walking away before I had a chance to say anything was terrible…on both of our parts. But it happened and I was dealing with it best I could. That is until I came upon your letter which described a lot of what you told me last night plus some. I realized that this whole trip we’ve both been causing each other pain and I figured we both deserved at least one night with no fights…with no contact. I heard that Blade was still in town and tracked him down. I’ll be staying there tonight instead of Greg’s. Don’t worry about me, I’ve been through it all so nothing worse can happen.

See you at my house tomorrow.

-Selena.”

Amber grabbed the letter out of my hands and reread it as best as she could. “what the hell was in that letter of yours?”

“an apology mostly. Telling her my whole life story I guess. I don’t remember exactly since it’s been awhile. I just don’t know what to do.”

They continued their conversation, but I just ignored it. Something about the name Blade seemed familiar. Obviously we went to school with him and he still lived in town, but there was something more. Why would Selena go to him out of everyone she knows? Unless she does actually know Blade which would only mean-“Guys, we have a problem.” They both shut-up and looked at me. “Don’t either of you remember Blade?”

“no, that’s what I’m frustrated about. I don’t even know this guy.”

“well ‘this guy’ is bad news. He was Selena’s first boyfriend after you guys broke up. Remember he’d always be in and out of juvie? All through high school it was that way. I’m pretty sure Selena was attracted to the bad boy vibe just to see if she could get in trouble…and probably to get back at you, James.”

“wait,” Amber says, turning to me, “are you talking about Blade Knight? He went to jail for-” the color drains from her face, “oh god, guys we need to go. NOW.” She jumps out of bed and to the bathroom, grabbing her clothes from yesterday on her way.

James smirks and looks at me, “your girlfriends got a nice ass,” he jokes, winking.

I roll my eyes and shake my head. Same old James. “do you know what she’s talking about?” I ask him, getting out of bed myself and pulling on jeans.

“no-” But Amber wouldn’t let him finish the sentence, slamming the door open to reveal herself to be fully dressed. I must say that was quite fast.

“Blade Knight was put in jail about seven years ago for abuse. I also know that in high school, when she dated him, he wasn’t exactly the kindest to her. Made you look like Prince Charming, James.”

“well then, I’ll go grab the phonebook and look up his address. You guys finish getting ready.” He leaves the room calmly but I quickly hear his walk turn into running as soon as he was out of site.

“separate cars?” Amber asks, watching me as I pulled on a shirt.

“you’re coming with me, James can take his dad’s car. Though I’m pretty sure James will find them first.”

She smiles and wraps her arms around my neck, giving me a light kiss on the lips before pulling away. “Can you believe that tomorrow we’ll be opening up the time capsule?”

“no. but I’m happy we’re going to follow through with it. For how annoying Selena can be about promises, this is one that I’m glad she’s forcing us to keep.” I pull on my shoes and then grab Ambers hand, “I think in our own ways, we’re all glad that this trip happened.” James bursts into the room with the address and without further notice, we were driving to Blade Knights house.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT.SUBSCRIBE.BEFRIEND.PROMOTE.
PLEASE.
<3 JUSTREALIZELIFE