The Time Capsule

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Amber

A pair of arms wraps themselves around me and I giggle, not expecting the tingling feeling anytime soon. Though at least for now it would be something I’d have to get used to.

I turn around in Greg’s arms, setting aside the dough I was making, to find him grinning, “what are you so happy about?”

“what, I can’t just smile?” I shake my head and he gives me a quick kiss, “just thinking that we’ll have the night to ourselves.”

“all to ourselves, huh?”

“well, my parents of course, but they don’t count.”

“what you mean is that we won’t have to babysit two troublemakers tonight.”

“precisely.” He leans in and gives me another kiss, this one lasting much longer. “want to continue this upstairs?” he whispers, just barely touching my lips. I don’t know what came over me but I burst out laughing, pulling away from the kiss. “what?”

“I don’t know, I just never ever thought I’d hear those words come out of your mouth. Especially in your parents’ house.”
He smirks, also something I wasn’t used to him doing, and leans in to kiss me again. Minutes later I was on the counter with him between my legs, and us making out. If you asked me even five days ago where I’d be today, and who’d I’d be with I would never have told you Greg Toomey. And even if that was my answer, I never thought we’d be doing this.

I pull back, resting my forehead against his, “the cakes are done, I whisper.

“what cakes?” He sounded out of breath just like I was.

“The cakes I made.”

“you made cookies and cakes?” Greg started to brush his lips against my neck, making me lose my focus, “you’re insane you that?” His hot breath tickled my skin, causing goosebumps.

“insane or not, the cakes are done.” I don’t know how I managed to get a sentence out, but I did.

Greg glanced over to the timer, “still have five minutes.”

Ugh, I’d never get him off me in time to get the cakes out. “five minutes according to the timer, they are done now according to me. They will be burnt in five minutes.”

“they’ll still taste amazing.”

I wrap my legs tighter around him, pulling him closer to me. “Let me check, I’m right and you’ll allow me to continue making dinner. I’m wrong and we can go upstairs.” His eyebrows lift and he jumps about a foot back allowing me space to get down. I laugh as he watches me check the cake, knowing that he was hoping they’d be raw. I stick the toothpick in and it comes out clean. “Guess it’s not your lucky day.” I smirk and toss the toothpick in the garbage before taking out the cakes.

“That’s totally not fair!” He complains, stomping his foot like a little kid. I chuckle as I turn back to the cookie dough.

“What’s not fair?” Greg’s mom asks. I turn around to find her standing at the doorway.
“Bridget!” I run over and hug her before Greg even had a chance. “It’s been way too long.”

I hear Greg laugh at the scene while his mom and I hug. She pulls back a little and smiles up at me, “you’re telling me, I wouldn’t recognize you if I didn’t know you were coming.”

“my mom said the same thing about Greg…and then started hitting on him.”

Greg wraps an arm around my waist and kisses his mothers’ cheek, “if I remember correctly, she said she wouldn’t do that to your guy.”

Bridget squeals in excitement, a grin spreading across her face. “I’m glad to see that you’ve finally decided to settle down Greg.”

“oh yes, this girl has definitely made some changes with me.” He comments, pulling me closer to his side.

His mom raises her eyebrow, curious now to what he meant. In all honesty I was too since I hadn’t known I’d changed that much of his life. “Like what?” she asks.

“like the fact that I’ll now have a roommate.”

I pull away from him, crossing my arms. “Um, excuse me but that was so not me. You’re the one that convinced me to move in with you. Not the other way around.”

“I’m sure you had some part to play in it.” He smirks, reaching out to me but I back away.

Bridget laughs and starts to walk out of the room, “I’m going to leave you two lovebirds alone for a little bit and go regroup. Call me down for dinner!”

“right, dinner Greg. I won the bet so you can’t distract me any longer.” I move to push him out of the kitchen but he sticks his ground, “Greg, come on, don’t you want to eat?”

“sure, but not food.” The instant the words left his mouth he groans in annoyance, “I hate, hate, hate James right now.”
I laugh and lean up to kiss him but pull back before it could get really intense. “Don’t worry, I wouldn’t be with you if you loved James. Now shoo!” He leaves this time, with protest of course, allowing me to focus on dinner and the thoughts that had been running through my head since this afternoon.

Selena said that James was the one to pull away from the kiss, something that I don’t think anyone would say he would do. Hell, he’s someone that would kiss back to literally anyone. So what does it mean when he pulls back from Selena? Is that disrespectful or respectful?
♠ ♠ ♠
comment.befriend.subscribe.promote.
please.
<3 justrealizelife