The Time Capsule

Chapter Thirty-Two

Greg

The news came as a surprise to James and Selena which I think is for the best. At least now I know they didn’t see anything happen last night. Once out very short talk was finished, we said our farewells to my parents and headed off to meet with Katie and Peter Lawrence, Selena’s parents.

Once we got to their house, after meeting at a restaurant, I called up some back up for security. I trusted Simon and Carrie, no doubt about it, but I couldn’t risk losing Amber. Which is also why I’ll be with her 24/7 for the rest of the trip.

“Hey, you know what I never did?” I ask Amber out of the blue.

“what?” she asks, turning to face me. We decided to run off from the rest of the group and hid out amongst the apple trees for a little bit.

“ask you to be my girlfriend.”

She laughs, “I guess you didn’t. But I thought it was implied with the whole moving in with you thing.”

“hmm…well then I guess I don’t have anything to say.” I tease, pulling her closer to my side.

She pulls away and pouts, “excuse me? I said it was implied, not that it was true.”

“Fine. Amber, will you be my girlfriend?”

“I don’t know Greg, it seems slightly dangerous to be with you…” she smirks and leans up a little, “but I happen to like dangerous boys.” And then she presses her lips to mine, that smile of hers still plastered to her face.

I pull back after a couple minutes, “I’ll take that as a yes. Now let’s head back to the house, we’ll have enough time alone together back in California.” Amber winks playfully and then skips ahead of me towards the house. When we arrived back, we found Selena and James on the sofa, cuddling and watching A Little Princess.

“What’s goi-” Amber starts to ask but is quickly shushed by none other than James himself.

Selena chuckles and turns a little in his arms, to face us. “Sorry, I didn’t know he’d be so hooked on this.” She whispers, making sure not to disturb the movie, “how was your guys’ date?”

The grin on Amber’s face reappears, “perfect.”

“That’s good.” James tugs on her sleeve, whether that means for her to shut0up of get back into his arms I do not know. The obvious answer before would have been to shut-up. But now…It could easily go either way.

“We’ll be upstairs if you need us.” I tell Selena as she sinks back into James’ arms.

Dinner came around quite quickly. Selena’s parent’s asked all the basic questions that we’d gone through over the past week with each family. Peter also asked a lot about the computer programming I did. He’d been having problems with his computer at work and was hoping I’d be able to help some. Which I agreed to since they own a small bakery in town and there weren’t many people around to help out with this sort of thing.

Katie and Peter went to bed soon after dinner. Unlike the rest of us, Selena had been home quite a lot between the four of us, so they didn’t have much to catch up on. “Well, I think I’m going to go unpack some, regroup…” James trails off, sliding his chair back and standing up.

“yeah, it’s been a crazy day and all.” Selena stands up too and they both start to walk towards the bedrooms.

“Stop.” Amber says and both of them freeze in their tracks. “Turn,” again, James and Selena slowly turn. “no sit back down and explain to us what exactly is going.” They hesitantly look at each other and take a seat.

“you don’t-” I start but amber is quick to shut me up.

“no, no. You and I worked too hard this week to not get an explanation.” Amber tells me and I couldn’t exactly argue with that point. I sigh in defeat and lean back in my chair. “now, talk.”

“well last night James planned this nice dinner thing…” Selena starts and I choke on the water I had been sipping, “I mean, Greg planned a nice dinner for James and me.” I nod at her addition and Amber just chuckles.

“and we talked things out without fighting about it.” James adds.

“It took a lot of convincing on James’ part…”

“but eventually we agreed to be together.”

Something seemed to be missing, cause I couldn’t believe it all worked out just like that. Plus James didn’t look as happy as he should about the news. But nonetheless, Amber squeals, “oh my god! You guys are together! That’s so exciting!!”

“for the rest of the trip.” Selena finishes making Amber stop mid-second-squeal.

“what?” Ambers smile falls and I once again lean back in my seat. I knew it wasn’t as perfect as it seemed. “what do you mean for the rest of the trip?”

“well, my life is in Florida.” Selena explained.

“and mine is in New York.”

“So we figured that yes, we forgave each other, and in any other situation we’d be together. But right now we’re not in that situation. So we’ll just be together until we go our separate ways and then stay in touch.”

“whoa, let me get this straight. For two days, you, Selena Lawrence and James Watson, are going to have a friends with benefits relationship?”

“well…when you put it that way it doesn’t sound as nice.” Selena says, frowning at Ambers words.

“what other way is there to put it?”

“we hadn’t really thought about putting any label on it.” James finally chirps in again.
“no label?!?” I could tell Amber wasn’t happy with this but honestly, we couldn’t control their lives.

I rest my hand on her shoulder, “Amber, honey, just let them do what they want.”

“but-but they’re supposed to get together!” she complains, now facing me. I silently motion for James and Selena to get out now if they wanted to survive. The nodded and slipped out of the room. “Greg! It’s not fair, they have to get together! That’s just how it’s always been!”

I pull her into a hug, “I know. But it might just take a little longer for them to realize it themselves.” I could really tell James wanted something much more than just a two-day relationship, and I’m sure he’ll do everything in his power to make that happen. This is just one step closer for him to get to that. And I guess it’s better than nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone!! How's it going? I know this chapter is dry but the next one will be exciting...the Time Capsule appears in it!
So please comment, comment, comment! I love them and I do read all of them :D. I'll update tomorrow if I get 2 comments. please?
comment.subscribe.befriend.promote.
please.
<3 justrealizelife