The Time Capsule

Chapter Thirty-Six

Greg

I watch as James and Selena walk down the hall. If he tells her what he just told me…well it’s going to be a long wait for our flight that’s for sure.

Amber turns to me with her hands on her hips, “What’s going on?”

Of course she could see through me, why couldn’t she? I scratch the back of my neck and take a seat, “uh, James is most likely going to make a really big mistake.” I tell her, whispering.

“What kind of mistake?” Amber asks, looking down the way the two of them just left, “should I go after them?”

“no honey, you don’t need to chase them down. And if it doesn’t happen I’ll tell you on the flight. I don’t want Selena finding out if James doesn’t say anything.” Though I highly doubt James will keep quiet. He’s not one that likes to hide his feelings, at least not anymore.

“And how will we know?” she asks, finally taking a seat next to me.
“Trust me, we’ll know.” Amber leans her head against my shoulder and we just sit there watching the people pass by.

“hey, isn’t that Selena?” she asks, pointing down towards the terminal James is supposed to be back. Indeed it was Selena running with a guy who looked like James chasing after her. “Just listen!” I hear James yell. A couple people glance their way but continue walking.

“Why? You ruined this James. I told you not to say that. I told you not to and you can’t just do that can you? You can never follow what anybody says!”

I grab Ambers hand and we run to the two of them, pulling them apart before a fist flew. “I’m sorry I wanted to tell you my feelings.”

Selena shakes her head, “It doesn’t matter James. You’re going to New York, I’m going to Florida. We agreed to be together for two days and you’re trying for longer.” James takes a few cautionary steps toward her.

“can you blame me?” Amber and I glance at each other, worried looks on our faces. I knew what they were talking about but I didn’t think the fight would go like this.

“yes, yes I can.”

“I’m in-”

“Last call for flight 264 to New York.” The intercom states, interrupting James.

“just go James.” Selena whispers.

“but-”

“go.”

James turns and hurries to the gate while Selena collapses into the nearest chair. “what was that about?” Amber whispers, walking up next to me. I watch Selena, holding up a finger for Amber to wait.

“Why the fuck does he have to be in love with me?” Selena cries, covering her face with her hands.

“that’s what.” I tell Amber who was standing there shocked. I lean down the Selena and rub her back gently, “you’re going to go home, take a nice long bath and relax and forget about everything. Okay? Maybe get drunk, burn stuff, whatever you need. Because we all know that the instant the plane lands James is going to be in the nearest bar and forgetting. You might as well to.”

Amber slaps my arm, “Greg! That’s not motivating!”

“Actually, it kind of was.” Selena looks up at us, “This happened once before and I’m sure it will be the same this time. I just need to suck it up and accept the consequences of falling for his charm.”

After about twenty minutes of talking things out with Selena, our flight was finally called.

“call us if you need anything.” Amber says, pulling her into a tight hug. Selena just laughs at her offer.

“and try to relax.” I remind her, giving her one last hug.

Selena steps back and pushes us both towards our gate, “get out of here you two.” She says jokingly and then waves.

I let Amber take the window seat so that she’d be more comfortable sleeping if she wanted to. Once we get situated she glances out the window and then looks back at me, “so, when do you think he’s going to propose?”

“I give him until Christmas to realize that he needs her.”

“Christmas? I was thinking Halloween.”

I smirk down at Amber, “want to bet on it?” I ask.

“you, mister, are mean. You don’t bet on your best friends love for each other.”

“hey, hey. I said propose, I never said anything about her saying yes.” I remind her.

“So you think James will propose to her and she’ll turn him down?” I nod, “I just don’t see her doing that though.”

“Think about it, she’ll need him to fully earn her trust again. So she’ll say no until she sees that he really isn’t fooling around anymore.” Amber ‘hmms’ at my thoughts. “listen. I think that Selena will stay in town a bit longer than necessary. James will head down to Florida between November and December to profess his love to her just to find that she’s not there. He’ll head back to New York disappointed. Selena will finally head back to Florida in the winter and James will try once again on Christmas because he’ll have that day off. She’ll be there, he proposes and she says no. But then he’ll propose some idea, he’ll have had a plan by then. He’ll probably have a job and apartment set up for her in New York which will make it easier to convince her to move. She’ll move to New York and will finally agree to marrying James sometime during the Summer.”

“You’ve really thought about this, haven’t you?” Amber asks and I give her a sheepish smile. I hadn’t actually thought of most of it. James had told me that he would probably try to get her to move to New York so that they could date. I just added in a few details that I’m sure are going to happen. Amber then narrows her eyes at me, “he told you, didn’t he?”

“only that he wants her to move to New York.”

“of course. Ugh, I know I shouldn’t be complaining but I really wish James and I had a better relationship.”

I wrap my hands around her and pull her close to me, “I’m pretty happy with the fact that you don’t.”

Amber grins up at me, “I bet you that Selena will go to him before he has a chance to get to her.”

“You think Selena’s going to be running off to New York?”

“yup.”

I smile and shake her hand, “you’re on babe.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, for the first time ever I've got trapped in that "if you upload I'll upload"
I really should have been doing homework but she tempted me too much so here's the chapter. Which one do you think will happen? Both? Neither? Thoughts!!?
comment.subscribe.befriend.promote.
please.
<3 justrealizelife
and please read: Damn The Day I Met You (only if you've read the Remember Us series)

100 comments before the end of the book? I think that's quite possible..