Falling In

Time Flies

Stella Grace Descenzo ; January 2011

I ran out of the airport searching for my bestfriend with the biggest smile on my face. Once his truck came to view, I started jumping. He got out of the passenger’s seat as he came towards me.

“Why so happy honey?” he laughed as he gave me a hug.

“Get me home, I’m excited to tell you guys!” I screeched as I got into the seat behind him. My brother smiled at me from the driver’s seat.

“Hi sis,” he smiled.

“Hey bro,” I grinned as I buckled my seatbelt and another figure came into view.

“Oh hey Ethan,” I smiled awkwardly.

“Hey,” he waved awkwardly.

“Hey Deegs, where’s Av?” I asked him after the long period of silence.

“He’s at home We’ll stop by,” he said from in front of me.

“Okay good. How is he?”

“He’s doing good. I had the doctor come in. He’s fine. He just missed you,” Deegan laughed.

“We’re here,” my brother announced as he put the car on park.

“Do you guys wanna have lunch? I’m sure there’s some food still,” Deegan laughed. “If not we can go to one of the casinos and eat at the buffet,” he laughed as he jumped out of the car. The three of us followed suit and followed him up to his apartment.

Once the door was open, my baby attacked me. “Hey baby. I missed you too,” I cooed as I sat up on my knees to give him a kiss on the forehead and he snuggled up to my neck. “Daddy didn’t take care of you, huh?” I asked as I pouted at the creature.

“Hey!” Deegan protested. Avalanche barked at him.

“Ha!” I laughed as I hugged my dog once again and stood up. Avalanche went up to my brother and barked, making my brother lead down to pet him too. He then looked up at Ethan, tilting his head to the side as he wagged his tail.

“E, don’t get scared if he starts-,” I got cut off because once Ethan leaned down, Avalanche started to lick his face. “I guess he likes you,” I chuckled softly.

“Okay, so you were going to tell us something,” Deegan said walking into the room with a tray of drinks.

I jumped up and down. “Yup!” I grinned. “So, I went to a meeting actually…,” I paused looking at all three guys. “With Red Bull…,” I grinned even wider. “And guess who’s the most recent snowboarder that’s going pro!” I squealed.

The three looked at me, mouth agape. “Holy shit,” my brother smiled and lifted me off the ground in a hug. “I’m so happy for you!” he grinned at me as he pulled away.

“Holy Shit Stells, this is it!” Deegan laughed as he too lifted me off the ground for a hug. He then set me back down, and my eyes drifted towards Ethan who had a soft smile on his sexy face. “Oh come on, make out already!” Deegan pushed me towards him as he caught me.

“Congrats,” he grinned sheepishly at me.

“Thanks,” I mumbled.

“I’m happy for you,” he said softly.

“Thanks,” I smiled. “Again,” I laughed awkwardly.

“Oh and one more thing,” Deegan laughed as he disappeared into his room and came back with an envelope. “From X-Games,” he said as he handed it to me.

I hastily opened it with the three peering over my shoulder.

“Can this weekend get any better?” I asked myself.

The letter held an invitation for me to participate in next year’s events. But it also provided my pass for this year’s to do the photography and stuff for the events.

“Are you gonna go?” Deegan asked.

I scoffed. “Hell yeah,” I laughed.

“Hey Ethan, didn’t you get that invitation as well?” my brother asked him.

“I uhm…,” he stuttered rubbing the back of his neck. “Yeah, I did,” he said.

“Great! We can all go and we’ll all stay at the cabin!” my brother clapped.

“What?!” I screeched. Oh God. This is not happening. “I’m not staying at the Cabin,” I said to them.

“Why the hell not?” my brother asked.

“Why the hell would I stay there?” I asked, grinding my teeth.

He shrugged at me. “Suit yourself,” he laughed as he pulled Ethan out of the apartment and into his car.

“Deegan, you’re coming with,” I said to my bestfriend

“You really need to get a girl bestfriend,” he groaned as he flopped himself on his couch. “Avie, go with mommy okay?” he cooed at my baby.

~~~~~~~~~~~


“What do you mean it’s fully booked?!” I screeched at the lady at the front desk.

She looked at me worriedly. “I’m so sorry Ms. Descenzo, but it was cancelled a few hours ago.”

“Cancelled?!” I growled. I glared at the wall as I smacked my hand down on the table making the receptionist jump as I dragged my luggage out of the warm lobby and outside to the blizzard to call a cab. I got in and told him the directions to my forced destination. It didn’t take long for us to get there. It was close enough to walk to, but it was uphill, I had my snowboarding gear, my photography gear, and my clothes with me. And it was snowing like mad. Yeah, I think paying the cab 40 bucks was way worth it.

I got out of the cab and opened the massive gates that enclosed the compound with my key and walked towards the familiar cabin. I once again used my set of keys to open the front door and throw my stuff inside.

“Where the fuck are you, you idiot?!” I shouted out.

“Oh hello my dear sister,” my brother greeted sweetly as he bounced down the stairs with the most irritating smile.

“Why the fuck would you do that?” I growled at him.

He smiled even wider. “Sorry, wanted to spend time with you,” he cooed as he jumped over to me and gave me a hug.

“Where’s Avalanche?” I asked right away.

“Up in your room with Ethan,” he laughed.

“Ethan’s in my room?!” I screeched as I dropped my camera bag on the couch and started running up the stairs, leaving my brother laughing hysterically to himself. I threw the familiar bright blue door open and saw Ethan sitting on my bed as he flipped through the pages of the familiar pacific blue scrapbook that we made years ago.

I took in the walls of the room. It was still in it’s bright blue glory, matching my door. The Maine posters covered the walls, along with Sum 41, Maroon 5, and All Time Low posters. The same pictures were still framed beside my desk and the same pictures were still splattered on my ceiling.

Ethan looked up at me and slammed the scrapbook shut, looking like a deer caught in headlights. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to uhhh.. snoop,” he mumbled.

I walked in and closed the door behind me. I smiled softly at him and sat down on the bed next to him as I took the three-year-old scrapbook in my hands. “It’s not just mine,” I said softly. “It was ours. Hell, this whole room was our canvas that we did whatever with,” I laughed lightly. He joined me with a soft chuckle.

“Remember that picture?” he asked pointing at a picture of the two of us in our snowboarding outfits, him strapped onto his board and carrying me bridal style also strapped onto my board.

I laughed at it. “Yeah, I told you that you had no balance whatsoever, so you carried me ‘til the bottom of the hill,” I smirked.

“And this picture?” he laughed as he picked up a picture on my desk and handed it to me.

I looked down at the picture of the two of us, our backs to the camera as the pink San Diegan sunset was in front of us. He had his arms around me, and I laid by head on his shoulder. “You taught me how to surf that day,” I smiled, remembering that-that was his late 16th birthday present for me. It was also the second summer that I spent in San Diego.

We both kept reminiscing the memories with each picture, and to both our surprise, we both remember each picture’s special memory. We laughed and we teased each other. Just like old times.

“Oh Stella Grace, where did time go?” he asked me.

… I wish I knew, Ethan Jay.
♠ ♠ ♠
awwwww. sorry for the short chapter.
I'm at starbucks right now. I got up at 6 in the morning to look for a starbucks and began writing. San Diego's gorgeous.haha. I'm here riiiight now :p

I only got like 3 comments last chapter =\ blaaah.
Can we get at least 7 this chapter? (: