Falling In

You Win.

“Wait!” my brother called out before I stepped on the gas. I was fuming, but decided that I wouldn’t want to run over one of his toes, and knowing that I would regret it later on. It was Ethan I was pissed off at, not my brother. He jumped into the driver’s seat, panting from the sprint and I took deep breaths before stepping on the gas.

“I swear to god,” I mumbled.

“Can you slow down? There’s snow on the ground. Jesus Christ!” my brother told me.

“Did you know about this Jacob?” I snapped.

“Holy shit. Fuck no. I did not know of this. Listen Stella, I know you’re going to freak and I’m fucking sure that Ethan has nothing to do with this! I swear! I just know it! Please Stella Grace. This is the happiest I’ve seen Ethan in years. Please Don’t do this,” he pleaded with me.

I shook my head at him, and gripped onto the steering wheel tighter. Tears were threatening to pour out, but I knew that I just could not back down from this. I needed to get it out of my system first.

I reached the destination, and I knew that even my brother was shocked – that it wasn’t the destination he had in mind. It had started to snow, and I didn’t even give a damn that I was going to freeze. The fuming anger that I was feeling in my skin kept me fairly warm.

I stormed over to the door, furiously ringing the doorbell.

The door flew open, revealing the woman that I had seen as a second mom until the day that my life practically fell apart in front of my own eyes.

“I’m sorry Mrs. Malone,” I quickly apologized, because I had enough respect for her to apologize for what the chaos I was about to cause in her household (and probably the injuries I was about to cause her daughter).

I pushed into the door and ran up the stairs, throwing the familiar door open. It was like déjà vu of what happened years ago. I looked at him, his eyes full of anger but went wide when he saw me. I looked at her and she was smirking, success evident in her facial structures.

“What are you doing here Stella?” he asked me.

I ignored him, and pushed passed him as I stepped closer to her.

“What are you doing here Stella?” she mirrored. “I haven’t seen you in such a long time!” she squealed.

I shook my head at her and the palm of my hand hit her cheek. I heard gasps around the room, but I didn’t care.

“You win Heather. You fucking win. You fucking won four years ago when you made me walk away from the person that kept me sane, from the person that was always there for me. You fucking win now when you took my everything away from me. Go ahead, gloat in front of my face. I don’t fucking give a fucking fuck anymore. No, not anymore. I refuse to give you the satisfaction of seeing me llke this,” I told her and walked over to my brother who had a shocked look on his face.

I grabbed the invitation from his hands, and walked over to Ethan with my teary eyes. I looked up into his pleading ones, and shoved the piece of paper in his chest. “’Nuff said,” I stated and grabbed my brother out to the car. “Drive,” I ordered him. He just nodded at me and took the driver’s seat as I took the passenger’s.

“Ice cream?” he offered with a slight smile after a few minutes of silence.

I let out a small laugh and nodded at him.

This is all I needed. My family, my bestfriend and snowboarding.

At least that’s what I tried to tell myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long! Buuuht! II felt like I owed you guys this.
No there will not be a sequel. A few more chapters. We're probably 5 chapters away from the end <3

thanks guys
xoxo Vee