Status: Currently inactive

Fälschung Liebe?

Problem?

Casey’s P.o.V::.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blasting Rise Against. I ended up slamming my hand down on the alarm clock, silencing my alarm, and made my way to the shower.

When I finished up in bathroom, I walked over to my closet and pulled out a white button-up shirt, my black skinny jeans, and some undergarments. I threw them on quickly, fixed my make-up, and headed out the door.

“Fuck, I forgot my shoes.” I mumbled to myself.

I ran back inside, threw on my black flats, and headed for my car. I turned up the radio and blast 80’s music the whole way to work.

3 songs later, I arrived at my restaurant. Yes, my restaurant. My family has owned this single restaurant for 5 years now and it’s never been empty.

I unlocked the door, turned on the lights and headed to my office. First things first, I need to file my paper work before it gets too busy.

“Hey Case.” I looked up and smiled. Carol leaned against my doorframe and smirked at me up and down.

“What’s up?” I asked, quickly filing the paperwork. I finished in no times and took my apron from my coat rack. In my restaurant, we’re all a family, so we all help out.

“Nothing, what happened with Brandon last night?” She asked with a smile. I looked at her funny and frowned.

“He offered to sleep with me to get assistant manager. I turned him down and went home. Why?” I continued to stare at her whilst I tied my apron around myself.

“That’s not what he texted everyone.” She gave me a bit of a confused look. She and Brandon have been close for a long time, but she and I were even closer.

“What did he say?” I perused, exiting my office and turning on coffee pots and such.

“He said that he fucked you brain dead.” She pulled out her phone and, sure enough, a forward message was sent to a few people bragging about his ‘sex victory.’

“He’s getting a warning today to knock his bullshit behavior off, if he doesn’t he’s gonna be fired.” I groaned, fixing the cash register’s bills. “Firing someone is my least favorite thing to do.”

“I know, but he has a chance to redeem himself.” Carol smiled, pulling the blinds from the windows up. I nodded.

“I hope he just comes an apologizes, cause I’ll forgive him and forget the whole thing.” I explained to her.

“Look alive, customer’s oh so early.” She pointed to the black SUV outside.

“Can you handle them, I need to go set up the kitchen.” I pointed to the deep fryers. She nodded and shooed me away.

~~

Work seemed rather easy today; constant customers and we were quick enough that we didn’t create a big line.

“Sorry, I’m late again, shit!” Kevin muttered under his breath. He took an apron and headed to the kitchen to resume his duties.

“Its fine Kevin, just try to come earlier.” I laughed at his rushing. “Calm down, it’s not like we’re swamped.” I snickered.

“Right, hey Casey, I kind of need a day off next week.” He sat, scratching the back of his head before placing it in a hair net.

“I think we all do actually, why don’t we take a staff holiday so we can all have some down time?” I offered.

“I won’t turn down a day off!” Carol laughed.

“Especially if it’s a paid day off?” I smirked. Kevin grinned nice and big and began filling out orders.

“Did I mention I love having you as a boss?” Kevin snickered. I laughed and nodded.

“Well, I’d rather have a few loyal friends as my co workers than a bunch of money grubbing A-holes.” I smiled. I finished serving my customers and checked my phone. Bill had been texting me, like he promised, since about noon.

“Who ya texting?” Carol creeped my phones screen. I laughed and sent my response.

“My friend Bill, we have coffee every night.” I grinned. I went back to my few customers and served them.

“Sorry I’m late, hey beautiful.” I looked up to see Brandon winking at me. It took all I had to not roll my eyes.

“Brandon, try to be on time next time, and that’s inappropriate.” I frowned, turning back to my customer’s with a soft smile.

“What’s inappropriate? Telling my girlfriend how beautiful she is?” He asked. I excused myself from my customers and faced him with a hard expression.

“Sending a text pertaining to a false day dream and calling me something I’m not is.”

“Beautiful?” He questioned with a stupid smirk on his face, I wanted to slap him, but I refrained from doing so.

“No, calling me your girlfriend. And if this behavior doesn’t stop, I will have no choice but to fire you. Now please, get to work.” I turned my heel and returned to my customers.

~~

Work pasted by fairly quickly. I couldn’t wait to get coffee with Bill again, I couldn’t explain it, but he gives me a pleasant feeling inside. Not a romantic one, just a feeling of content, I guess.

I finished the paper work and wrote everyone’s weekly checks, it happened to be Saturday and we have off Sundays, so it’s the end of the week.

“Thanks for the hard work today guys!” I called from my office. I grabbed their checks and walked out of my office, locking it behind me.

“Sweet! Pay day!” Kevin sang. I laughed and handed him his check. Carol came up and took hers from me with a smile.

“Sorry I can’t stay, I have to go home and read the kids to sleep.” Carol apologized. I nodded and told her it was fine.

“Kevin, lock up with me as punishment for being late.” I smiled.

“I can do that.” He grinned a bit. I couldn’t find Brandon and quite frankly, I don’t care. I’ll give him his check Monday.

“Thanks Kevin!” I called from the front. He came running out with his stuff in hand with a smile.

“No problem Case.” He smiled. I locked the door, hugged him and went to find my car.

It took a little effort but I eventually found my car. I started to unlock it when I saw something in the reflection of the window. Brandon was behind me.

“You forgot your check.” I turned to him and held out his check. He didn’t move. I was beginning to get scared. “Take it.”

“I don’t want it.” He said almost robotically.

“Well, then, goodbye.” I gave him a weird look, unlocked my car and turned away from him. I felt something hard hit the back of my head and I turned to see Brandon with a wooden bat.

“Asshole! What the hell!?” I shouted, my voice echoing through the trees.

“I want that promotion.” He stood there menacingly.

“Then earn it! Hitting me with a bat is the worst way to get one. Jeez!” I held the back of my head. He dropped the bat and grabbed my shirt collar.

“Give me my promotion, or I will make you suffer.” He growled.

“Why? Assistant manager doesn’t get more than anyone else, it’s the same wage. There’s no point in it honestly.” I tried to push him off but he didn’t budge. Instead, he raised his fist and punched me across the face.

“I worked hard for 3 years, and I get nothing!” He shouted in my face. He slammed his fist into my cheek once more, causing me to fall out of his grasp.

“You are fired Brandon, now leave me alone.” I groaned, holding my cheek.

“No I’m not.” He smirked. “I’ll fight you if you fire me.”

“Bring it on, because you’re fired.” I stood up and tried to get in my car, but he rested his body against the door.

“Fine.” He shrugged. he lifted his leg and dug his foot into my stomach.

I groaned and fell back to the ground. He stood over my and continued to drive his foot into my stomach and sides.

“Get off her!” I looked up and saw Kevin holding a gun, pointing it at Brandon.

“Pssh, I’m out of here.” Brandon stalked away. Something fell out of his pocket and I grabbed it. It was a receipt for 3 6-packs of beer. So he was drunk huh? That’s still no excuse.

“Casey, are you alright? You look like shit.” Kevin helped me up and dusted some dirt off my back.

“I’m fine. I’m going to head home. You want a lift?” I offered. Kevin shook his head and stared at me in a disapproving way.

“Are you sure you’re fine?” He double checked. I laughed and nodded.

“Just a few bruises, I’m fine. Good night Kevin and thank you for helping me.” I grinned at him. He nodded, hugged me again and started to walk away.

I climbed into my car and hissed in pain. He has a hard as shoe! I turned the radio on and turned it low. My head was killing me now. What was his problem?

“Doesn’t matter.” I mumbled to myself and drove towards the coffee shop. I texted Bill I was there and he said it’ll take him a few to get away but he’d be here soon.

“One latte please?” I smiled. I don’t know how long he’ll take, but he’ll text me when he’s on his way I guess.

About 30 minutes later he told me he was on his way. I ordered his coffee, set it on my table and approached the counter.

“Do you have any aspirin?” I asked in hopes for something to kill my headache.

“I do, are you alright?” The lady asked, handing my two little pills.

“Yeah, rough day.” I laughed a bit. “Thank you.” I smiled to her.

“No problem.” She smiled. I returned to my seat and took my two pills.

I waited no more than5 minutes until Bill walked through the door. He smiled when he saw me, but then it turned into a frown. He approached the table and stared at me hard as he took his seat.

“What the hell happened to you?” Bill examined the bruises along my face and slowly reached his hand out to touch them. They stung a little but it didn’t hurt too badly.

“I got into a bit of trouble.” I laughed a little bit while Bill just stared at the marks.

“What the hell happened? Who did this?” He finally seemed to take in the fact that I appeared hurt. I really was fine though, just shaken up a bit.

“Bill, calm yourself.” I snickered. I patted his hand and gave him a soft smile.

“Are you sure? You don’t seem alright.” Bill frowned a little and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. My head still ached, but a pain shot through it, so I jumped a little.

“You’re not okay, what happened?” Bill retracted his hand and sipped his coffee, waiting for an explanation.

So I gave him every detail.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is kind of a boring chapter but it's important for the development of the story :P Comments for an update please and thanks. <3