Status: Active

How You Changed Me

Chapter six

I look around, trying to find any clue as to where he may have gone. As I approach the window I see a little piece of paper and torn cloth. The idiot. Maybe he’ll come back for it.

It wasn’t likely.

He probably put whatever was on the paper in his phone so he’d have the information no matter what. Sighing, I grab the little scrap and read it:

8311 Carter Farm Lane

Must be where he is headed. I could either call our parents, and get in as much trouble as him for not preventing this, or go after him before anyone got home, no one but Liam and I the wiser. It was about 11:05 now, they would be home in an hour if their estimations were correct. Knowing them, though, they wouldn’t be home until 1:00 at the earliest. Looks like I am going after him.

I walk out, grabbing the car keys and starting to drive. I checked the address in the GPS and flinch when I find out it is in the rougher part of town. Fucking Liam. If I get raped, or kidnapped, or grounded for this he is going to pay.

I get closer to my destination I see a familiar group of teenagers. A bunch of people from the group Liam hangs with outside of school. I park against the curb, locking all the doors after checking that nothing valuable was left in plain sight and that all the windows were up. I walked quickly toward the house that the group was going into, and I heard Liam’s unmistakable laugh.

“Dude, you better get gone soon or else goodie-goodie will have your ass fried.” I hear his good friend, Ace- whom I did know- tell him. Every one laughs at him and he chuckles as well, good naturedly.

“If I am going to get my ass fried then why is she right behind you?” He shoots back, looking directly at me, his classic smirk glued to his face. Lord, he was attractive.I hadn’t realized he had seen me. I probably should have stayed farther back, but being closer to them also gives me more protection from any creeps or rapists. They all turn, surprise flickering across their features.

“Uh, hi?” I say, slightly scared.

“Hey. So, what are you doing here?” Liam asks, walking to stand in front of me.

“I’m getting you so we can get home before our parents so that neither of us will get in trouble.” I tell him, and shock graces his face for once.

“Well, we have a few hours before we have to worry… Let’s go have fun.” He says, pulling me with him and his group of friends regardless of my protests. This is not going to happen. He will go home with me now, and we will be in bed when our parents get home. But, as I said before, he pulled me along ignoring my words.

We eventually get into the right house, me still struggling and the guys quickly dissipated leaving me with Liam. He turns to me saying “You can either leave, fight your way back to your car and hope to not get raped, or stay with me and be as safe as you’ll get.”

Well… When put that way I didn’t even have to think twice. I stop struggling immediately and he smirks again. Makes me want to kiss smack him.

“I think I’ll stay with you.” He laughs sarcastically at that.

“Good choice. Now, let’s go getta drink.” I reply with a blank stare. I am not drinking. At all. Unless it is water or a soda. “Relax. I’ll get you a fucking water bottle, miss priss.”

I smack him and he rolls his eyes, grabbing me and roughly dragging me to get the drinks. He picks up a beer for himself and goes over to the fridge for a water bottle for me. This actually shocks me. I figured he was being an ass about the water bottle and wouldn’t actually get me one. I mutter soft thanks, though he didn’t acknowledge it so I doubted he actually heard it. He starts to go off and I follow him, scared. He looks back and I can see an internal debate flash through his eyes, then he grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers.

“C’mon. Just follow my lead with stuff and don’t say much.” He tells me, exchanging the hand holding for wrapping his arm around my waist when I get to his side. I instantly get closer to his side, using him as a shield from the rest of the partygoers and because I wanted to be a little closer to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the comments!
Sorry it is late and short. I am officially busy all day on week days with a school camp thing, so my updates will be a little less frequent.