Paving Destiny, I'll Keep On Living Even When My Heart Stops Beating.

Welcome To My Life.

I sat impatiently in the waiting room of Destiny, a really popular reality T.V. show that was on it's 4th season. You know, like one of those T.V. shows that everyone knows and everyone loves.

This could be it for me. I told myself, This could be my chance for a new life.

Every day I would pass by crowded New Jersey streets and sing for complete strangers that gave me a few extra coins that would provide me my supper. One day, as I passed a small store my mother used to love, I saw an ad that said Destiny would be coming to New Jersey for this season.

This singing competition, is seriously what I've been waiting for.

I watched as one of the people who had auditioned came out jumping with joy, clutching a bright yellow paper in her right hand. The cameras zoomed in on her, and the host, Brian, asked her about she felt about making it.

"Indescribable, "she replied, trying to hold back the tears which were obviously about to stream down like a waterfall. Her grandmother (Or so it seemed) threw her a big hug and Brian called in the next person to audition, a tall-ish girl wearing red, I was next.

In this show, if you get that bright yellow paper, or a "Golden Ticket" as it was famously called, it means you passed your audition, and the judges are sending you to Hollywood.

I really hoped that my fate would be the same as hers.

Maybe I haven't really taken the time to explain my life to you, so here it is:

It happened more than a year ago, we were something like the perfect family. Everything felt like it couldn't get any better, and then it became apparent to me that that was true. It just got worse. The root of all of it was when my father was in a horrible car crash, and he died instantly. A few months after, it seemed as if we had all -Me, Michael, and Mother- learned to cope with the changes of father not being there for us, and it seemed as if our lives were getting back on track.

But one day I learned that my mother was far from over it, she was using the money that he had left behind to smoke and drink, and Before I knew it we were living in an abandoned 1-room apartment in the oldest house you'll probably ever see.

The result to her non-stop smoking was lung cancer, but she couldn't afford any doctor, much less a good one. So we had reached the bottom, we were completely hopeless. Mother had no idea at all what to do, so she didn't do anything. Now I became the one everyone relied on, the one everyone put the blame on if we didn't have any dinner that night, and trust me, my life was it's lowest. Nothing could save me, but that was until I had discovered something called music.

18 and I was still living, still breathing, but unfortunately I couldn't say the same for my mother. I still hadn't been able to earn enough money for a doctor, and her condition was getting worse with every second that flew before my eyes.

I saw the tall-ish person come out of the room shaking her head, "They thought I didn't sing well." She told Brian, who put his arm around her shoulders trying to comfort her. As the cameras zoomed in on her, he gave me a signal that meant I could go into the audition room.

Well, this was it, I stood up, and walked towards the room, Brian gave me a "Good luck" and a pat on the back. I thanked him and opened the doors to the audition room, and took in a deep breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment if you liked it, and subscribe as well. Thanks for reading. ^^

Disclaimer: "Destiny" is really based on "American Idol" with a couple changes to it.