Paving Destiny, I'll Keep On Living Even When My Heart Stops Beating.

Audition.

The moment I stepped into that room, nerves started to bundle up inside me. I felt my blood freeze, and I felt glued to the ground. Not a very good start to an audition that would change my life forever, huh?

For a moment there, I thought I even forget the lyrics to the song I was going to sing. And I wrote it. Damn, this wasn't going to be good.

"Hello," Airk, one of the judges, greeted me warmly as I took my place at the center of the audition room.

I didn't exactly know what to say, my head was up in space, I guess.

"You're supposed to say Hi back," Airk told me.

"Hi," I replied, managing a slight smile.

"How are you?" Mark, another one of the judges, asked me.

"I-I-I'm a bit nervous," I replied letting out a small laugh.

Maybe a bit wasn't the right word, I was totally spaced out, I had no idea what I was going to do.

My eyes gazed around the brightly lit room, on the walls were posters which contained pictures of previous "Destiny" Winners. Lights hung around the entire room, and from behind me I could hear footsteps wandering around the wooden floor.

I could hear voices, some sounded stressed, and some were voices which I would expect to be that of a director's.

From what I understood, I think a few of the Destiny crew were re-watching past auditions held in different cities.

I could hear words such as, "We should show that audition," or "That one's really funny."

I guess all this was really new to me, I mean, it was a bit of an upgrade from singing on dimly-lit street corners.

"Anytime now," Min, the "Simon Cowell," of this show, told me, yawning. I could tell the judges were getting tired.

"Shut up," Airk snapped at Mint, who just stared at Airk in return.

"So what will you be singing?" Mark asked me.

"I-I'm singing an original," I responded, once again I tried my hardest to break out a smile.

I took in a deep breath and began to sing, and to my surprise, all of the nerves disappeared, all of the fears left me. There were no blinding lights, or intimidating judges, when I sang, I didn't feel anymore this was a life or death decision. I felt like I absolutely owned the world at that moment.

"My sisters and my brothers still...I will not kiss you," My voice started to trail off, "Cause the hardest part of this, is leaving you," I finished, and for the first time, I managed a large smile without having to try like an idiot.

The judges looked absolutely awestruck, I wasn't sure if it was because they thought my voice was absolutely amazing, or because they thought I had the most terrible voice they'd seen yet. But I was about to find out.

Mark started to clap.

"That was..amazing," Airk told me.

I smiled, "Thanks," I replied.

"What did you think Min?" Mark asked her.

"His clothes are hideous," she replied, taking a sip from her Coke Zero.

Airk slapped Mint so hard there was a large red hand mark on her cheek.

"AnyWay, that means you're going to Hollywood!" Mark told me.

I couldn't believe it....I...did it? I did it!

I excitedly took a golden ticket form them, thanked them, and ran outside the doors proudly waving my ticket in the air.

The other auditioners began to clap for me, and the camera zoomed in on me as Brian began to ask me questions.

But I found it hard to answer, only one thing was in my mind at the moment.

This is my chance for a better life. And I knew I was going to make the most of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe, thanks!