Status: Active.

What will it take to show you this isn't the life it seems.

Take my hand and i will make it i swear

That evening went by like a flash, as soon as my head hit the pillow i was out like a light the next morning I was woken by the sound of hammering from downstairs Mumbling to myself I laid there for a few moments trying to wake up, I really wasn’t a morning person, in fact you could rarely get a coherent sentence out of me before I’ve had at least one cup of coffee. Finally getting out of bed I wrapped a dressing gown around myself and made my way downstairs to put the kettle on, my dad was in the living room putting some shelves up as a finishing touch to the room. As normal we exchanged our normal pleasantries, I’ve never been that close with my dad and after what happened to my mother an added distance and formed between us it wasn’t uncomfortable it was just how we went about our day to day lives.

Cradling the hot drink in my hands I went to sit in the front garden on the porch swing, the smell of the lavender was almost dancing in the air and that mixed with the light aroma of my coffee was heaven if it wasn’t for the fact I needed to buy books for school and posters for around my room I could have sat there all day and just relaxed into the scenery. Reaching into my pocket I pulled out a small red mp3 player and flicked through till a found a song to get me in a some what motivational mood.

'Hanging out behind the club on the weekend
Acting stupid, getting drunk with my best friends
I couldn't wait for the summer and the Warped Tour
I remember it's the first time that I saw her...there

She's getting kicked out of school cause she's failing
I'm kinda nervous, cause I think all her friends hate me
She's the one, she'll always be there
She took my hand and I made it I swear

Because I fell in love with the girl at the rock show
She said "what?" and I told her that I didn't know
She's so cool, gonna sneak in through her window
Everything's better when she's around
I can't wait til her parents go out of town
I fell in love with the girl at the rock show'


The perfect sound of Blink 182, humming along for the first few verses I eventually decided to make my way upstairs, I would have put a CD on in my room but my dad simply refers to my music as ‘noise’ then moans that its giving him a migraine, it wasn’t like his taste in music was any better he was the only adult I knew that still obsessed over Elvis Presley.
Walking into my room you would find it hard to associate someone of my personal tastes to it, everything had a place, ‘A tidy room leaves space for a tidy mind’ was a phrase my mother used to say and she was right, if my room wasn’t organised a state of panic would wash over me, silly I know but somehow knowing everything had a place helped me to find mine.

Everything in my wardrobe has been hung up neatly, I would of organised the wardrobe further except there wasn’t much point everything I owned was either black white or red . . . occasionally I would add the off splash of colour from a necklace or headband but apart from that I had a simple sense of style. Today I opted for a simple pair of black skinny jeans and a white vest top, yet again I placed my hair into a messy bun and added a finishing touch of heavy black eye liner . . . perfect I thought to myself, well okay maybe not perfect but that was all I had the patience for this morning.

Sitting down on the edge of my bed I took a final look around at my handy work, everything was neatly put away the only place that showed a sign of clutter was my desk which was currently covered in different art supplies; sketchbooks where stacked at the side, random scraps of paper where scattered over the desk and a row of tatty paint pots lined the back of the desk. The was something about art that made it okay to be messy and spontaneous whenever I wanted to create something I could take off right where I left off.

Before I left I decided to check on my dad, after all I needed to make sure it was still okay if I borrowed the car. The mall wasn’t that far but knowing me I would end up taking some wrong turn and find myself in Kansas wishing just like Dorothy that I could find my way home.

“Hey dad I’m gonna head to the mall now to pick up the stuff for school, is it still okay of I borrow the car?”

Scratching his head he looked at me with concern radiating from him, it made me feel like I was six years old again and asking permission to ride my bike up and down the street.

“Umm sure, but make sure you’re careful . . . remember just because your being safe doesn’t mean other drivers are,” He said with an authoritative tone.

“Extra safe I promise dad,” I said with a reassuring smile.

I could understand his worry about me driving, I wasn’t particularly the most confident person behind the wheel of a car since everything had happened but at least I was cautious.

Grabbing the keys off the side I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and made my way out the door ready to explore the town a little more, I was hoping there would be a few decent shops in the mall at the very least they at least had to have a comic book store and an art supply shop.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo anyone actually reading this? :) just out of curiosity.

Next update should be tomorrow evening when I'm back from the new house, i actually have a huge plan for this story now consisting of about 3 pages in word of notes and bullet points... yay go me.

Now time for some food... mhmmm :)