Status: active

Blackhawks & Ballerinas

006.

THIS CHAPTER ONLY WILL BE IN DUSTIN PARKER’S POINT OF VIEW!!

I had practically burst out of the room and down the hall when my teammate Josh told me he had seen Catherine walking down the hall in her bathing suit. It was no secret to most of the guys that I had a thing for the girl, I just wasn’t quite sure what kind of a thing it was. I stopped dead in my tracks when I got to the door that lead to the pool. She was leaning over the edge of the pool at just the right angle to let her silky brunette hair shine in the moonlight. She was all alone. I made my way forward, walking up behind her. I had to keep myself from pulling her into my arms. She doesn’t belong to you, I thought to myself.

“Hey,” I whispered into her ear, trying to be slick.

Instead she screamed. I hadn’t taken into consideration that she wouldn’t be expecting me there. I watched her fall and reached out to grab her arm, but she only pulled me down with her. We both fell into the pool.

When we came up for air she was coughing out swallowed water. She looked adorable with her wet hair stuck haphazardly around her face.

“What the FUCK were you thinking?!” she yelled and then pushed her hair back from her face. Her eyes looked bright red, as if she had been crying.

“Are you okay?” I asked.

She noticed me staring at her and must’ve realized I could tell she had been crying. She turned away. “I’m fine. Go away please, Dustin.”

“Not until you tell me what’s wrong.”

“Nothing is wrong. Now please, just leave me alone.”

She went to get out of the pool and I caught her wrist. I pulled her around so she was facing me and took both of her hands in mine. “Tomorrow I hear back from the doctors about how bad my head injury is. If it keeps me out for more than a week and a half I won’t be playing this season. I’m scared out of my mind and there’s nothing I can do and no one I can turn to.” I hadn’t admitted that to anyone. It felt right telling her.

Her eyes became softer and she pulled me into a hug. “I’ll be praying for you,” she whispered.

“Now it’s your turn,” I said hesitantly.

“I’m just not quite sure who I am anymore,” she said looking off into the distance, “I found out Harley is my biological mother tonight. Am I Patrick’s daughter or am I Harley’s?”

I thought about it for a moment before responding. “You’re Catherine Laurent. Who cares who your parents are or what your last name is. All I knew about you when I first met you was that you were unbelievably beautiful and incredibly smart and funny, and I wanted to spend time with you more than anything in the whole world. That’s who you are to me.”

I felt like I was glowing when I saw her break out into her perfect little smile. She took a small step towards me and I almost burst when she reached up to run one of her small hands through my wet hair. “You aren’t so bad yourself, Mr. Parker,” she winked.

I began to take steps closer and closer to her. With each step I took forward, she would take one backwards, teasing me. Eventually her back met a tunnel covering a small area of the pool, stopping her from being able to retreat any further. I pressed her up against the wall and took her face in my hands. I leaned in to kiss her. At first she seemed hesitant and uncertain, but after awhile she switched to passionate and desperate. I let my hands slide down her slides slowly, finally resting on her almost non-existent hips. I noticed her goose bumps and pulled away from her.

“Are you cold?” I asked, rubbing her hands in between mine to generate some warmth. She nodded her head and I picked her up and into my arms bridal style. She giggled and tried to tell me to put her down as I carried her out of the pool.

“CAT?” I heard a voice from inside calling her name, “CAT ARE YOU OUT THERE?!”

I didn’t recognize the voice but her face turned white and she looked as if she had seen a ghost. “No, it can’t be,” she whispered to herself. She turned to me. “Did you hear that?” she asked.

I pointed a thumb back to the door that the voice was coming from. “Yeah, sounds like someone is looking for you…”

“CATTTTT!!!” the voice got closer.

“Run!” she told me, but it was too late.

A figure appeared in the doorway only about an inch shorter than me. He had brown hair and had the build of a hockey player, probably college hockey. He was followed seconds later by a shorter brunette. Her hair was mess of waves and assorted feathers.

“KITTY!!” the girl exclaimed and dashed into Catherine’s arms before the boy could get to her. Catherine looked dumbstruck.

“Hey babe,” the boy kissed her on the forehead and pried her out of the girl’s arms for an awkward looking hug.

Catherine looked to the girl. “What the fuck are you two doing here?”

The girl shrugged. “Dunno, Connor kinda dragged me here. Not really sure why I had to come, but here I am!” She caught a glimpse of Connor’s disapproving look and giggled. “Sorry, we made a mutual decision to come visit.” She rolled her eyes.

“Why is Dustin Parker here?” Connor pointed at me with a tinge of jealousy in his voice.

“He’s a friend of mine. Dustin, meet my boyfriend Connor.”

“You play hockey?” I asked.

“Gonna play for BC next year. I wanted to get a decent college education while I was at it, ya know.” I shrugged off his obvious jab at the fact that I went straight into the NHL from high school. I was living his dream, it never bothered me that I wouldn’t get to go to college.

“Shut up Connor!” Catherine yelled.

The other girl took that as her cue to cut in. “Hey, you’re really sexy,” she said bluntly extending her hand forward for me to shake, “I’m Blaze Harper.” I could hear her trying to be flirtatious.

“But most of us just call her Crazy Blazey,” Catherine joked.

“Alright well, I think it’s time to go home,” Connor cut in. I had forgotten he had been there. He put a protective arm around Catherine’s shoulder and pushed her towards the exit.

“I’m not going with you! I’m staying with Johnny and Colby for tonight!” she removed herself from Connor’s arm.

I didn’t get to see the rest of their fight because I was already running back to my room. I changed as quickly as I could and went up two floors in the elevator. I sprinted down the hall but stopped when I got to room 823. I knocked on the hard wood door.

“Hey babe,” the blonde said after she had opened the door and saw who it was, “are you sleeping here tonight?”

I took a deep breath. “Genna, this has gone on way too long. I’m sorry but I can’t see you anymore, we’re over.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I redid Blaze Harper
Blaze Harper

PLEASE LEAVE ME COMMENTSS!