Status: active

Blackhawks & Ballerinas

008.

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW

Dustin sat at the bar watching the couple in the booth across the room. He kept his arm around her protectively around her shoulders. He saw her porcelain skin blush and shy away from his kiss. ‘We’re in public’ he saw her mouth; her pink lips close to his ear. Dustin imagined him in those shoes, feeling her soft breath, holding her close to him.

“Catherine,” the bartender said to Dustin.

“I’m sorry what?” Dustin ripped his gaze away from her for the first time that night.

“I said, would you like another, Mr. Parker?” the bartender asked, pointing to the empty glass of beer on the counter.

Dustin had fully taken advantage of the lower drinking age in the past few days. He had spent the majority of his time sitting on the couch of his hotel suite with a six-pack of beer. However, tonight Josh had dragged Dustin out of the room to go out clubbing, to get his mind off of Catherine. He had only been there five minutes before he had spotted her in the corner.

“Please,” Dustin said, handing him his glass and the bartender dutifully filled it up for him.

Suddenly, he spotted the second and only girl that would catch his eye that night. ‘KITTY!’ he saw her yell, attempting to pull Catherine out of Connor’s grasp to get her to come and dance. He knew the girl as Blaze Harper, Catherine’s best friend. Catherine turned her head back, looking at Connor expectantly. He shook his head no. Blaze slumped off back into the crowd looking defeated.

It was at that moment that the alcohol began pumping through Dustin’s veins. He got an idea. Slamming his glass down on the counter, Dustin went after the crazy brunette.

“BLAZE!” he yelled at her, trying to get her attention over the bass of the music, “HEY BLAZE! COME OVER HERE!”

She whipped her wavy brunette head around to look at the person who had been calling her and smiled when she saw Dustin.

“Hey,” she said, making her way over to him.

“You look so sexy tonight,” he took hold of her and began to grind his hips against hers seductively to the beat. She giggled, loving the attention.

He then pushed his hands up to her face and grabbed her head, lacing the tops of his fingers in her hair. He pulled her face towards his and attached his lips to hers. She pushed him away quickly.

“Dustin! Stop! Come with me.” She grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the club until they were out of the street where she could talk to him.

“What the hell?” he asked angrily.

“God, Dustin do you think I’m stupid!? I know what trying to make my best friend jealous feels like. Believe it or not you’re not the first guy who has fallen in love with her and tried to get her attention by getting with me.” She looked down at the street, an ashamed look was on her face.

“I’m not in love with her!” he argued, “I just don’t think she should be with him. I saw you in that club, you think so too, you want your best friend back!”

“Just be happy for her! I don’t get to decide, and neither do you!”

“Come on Blazey, just help me, if you don’t, we’re both gonna lose her.”

“Fine,” she said after awhile, “I’ll help.”

“Oh God, thank you so much, Blaze.” He engulfed her in a bear hug. She laughed.

“I like you Dustin. Go home and get some sleep, alright? And knock it off with all the drinking! You’re better than that.” She turned to go back into the club.

“Hey Blazey,” he called her, and she turned around.

“Yeah?”

“You’re amazing and beautiful, I’m sure there are multiple guys falling in love with you too. Don’t sell yourself short.”

Her bright red lips turned up into a smiled and she ran back into the club.
♠ ♠ ♠
Some filler shit just for you. Be sure to comment, please please please comment.

Also, please check out my other stories. My newest story The Ice Life which is good for a hockey fan of any team (check it out to see what I mean) and my three shot on Bobby Ryan called Bruised because that would make me happy inside.

PS I am aware that the link for Blaze Harper wasn't working (aka you couldn't see the picture) but now it is fixed so check it out in chapter 6. Yay