Sweet Insanity

The sound of cars colliding pierced through the air, leaving onlookers stunned, and filling them with the fueled desire to help. It was not uncommon, crashed happened at this particular intersection often. But never as fast as the cars had just hit in front of them, it was a crash of new magnitude, and they rushed forward. Screams carried through the air as they ran towards the cars. There was blood and glass everywhere, and yet, Carson Marris sat in her seat, buckled by her seatbelt. Mozart played softly in the background as she watched the people rush towards her, she felt like telling them to go back, it is a wasted effort. She couldn’t breathe to mutter the words. It was blood gurgling in her throat, blocking airs access to her windpipe. She was pretty much gone. Sounds drifted from her ears, farther and farther away until all was silent. She was dying and she knew it. Her eyes saw nothing but light, it was blinding, but she felt no pain from it. Only happiness. She finally felt the perfection that she spent her entire life trying to achieve. It was love, and joy and everything any person could ever hope for.

And then… “Carson, come back to us Carson. You can do it! You can pull through this, people need you.”
Her sister. Her sister was in the passenger seat… she needed her. But she didn’t want to leave the happy place. Her sister would be fine. She was a big girl. The light became brighter, wrapping itself around her again, and then it was gone. She was back. She was back in the flawed world, with her flawed design. It seemed so wrong to her to have lost such beauty.
And in that moment, as her body was being pulled from the wreckage of the wreck that effectively killed her, she vowed to herself she would return to that perfection. And soon.

Ben had it all, everything that he had wanted and asked of himself. He had to lifestyle some would bend backwards for. Sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll took over his days and nights, became him. He was nothing more than a walking drug and an easy fuck. He lost who he was at some point; the art he used to create was lost to him, washed up in last night’s liquor bottle or left between the thighs of a passive lay. He thought about rehab from time to time, when he was lying in a puddle of blood from doing something he never could remember in the morning, or when he was drinking or smoking. Usually he ignored those thoughts, or drank them into whispers, his conscience pleading with him to change his life. It was a judge who gave him the opportunity to make the call he never could seem to. Prison or rehab. That is what happens when you are caught with a ton of drugs, you are faced with a choice, live behind bars, or live without drugs. Neither choice really seemed like a great opportunity, but he was not a stupid man. He would find himself again, and when he did he would return to the paradise of a stage. It was only a matter of time after that until his demons caught up with him again…

All stood still as the phone fell from Elise’s fingertips. The harsh shatter of her iPhone against the pavement didn’t shake her. Mum passed early this morning, sweetheart…”I’ll see you soon, mummy.” A loud gasp fell from Elise’s mouth as she dug the corner of the sharp metal blade into her skin. Blood trickled down her forearm as she closed her eyes, becoming lightheaded. Everything began to fade away…and that was just what she wanted. Sweet serenity was the one thing she had craved once her family died, first her father and then her mother; it made her feel so alone. Why would anyone want to carry such heavy burdens? Death was something that Elise had learned to welcome. It was the only thing that would unite her with her family, and the only thing she craved.

Another girl, another night of lost memories, another bus full of empty liquor bottles. Danny lay in his bunk, jeans soaked with piss along with a face full of vomit. It was pitiful. He thought living his dreams would make him happy…but it didn’t. The alcohol and women that filled his life could only mask the loneliness for so long. The sound of loud movement in the lounge of the bus woke Danny. The next thing he knew he was looking into the disappointed eyes of Asking Alexandria’s drummer…James. “Danny, we’re doing this for your own good. Yet again you fucked up another show, destroyed another venue. It’s about time you grow the fuck up.” As he went to protest his stomach convulsed. Vomit flew from his mouth and his vision went black. Maybe James was right…

Brooke Hollow Rehabilitation Clinic.
Home to three hundred people. Each one with their own demons to chase.
Each one with a problem all their own.
When a group calls on them to change, can they?
And in the end, will they be strong enough to hold each other up?
Or will they crumble together into a pit of
Sweet Insanity.

We do not own any member of Asking Alexandria. We do own the plot.


© Vexation and ShaunaWearsPrada
  1. One.
    Carson's POV
  2. Two.
    Elise's POV
  3. Three.
    Carson's POV
  4. Four.
    Elise's POV
  5. Five.
    Carson's POV
  6. Six.
    Elise's POV
  7. Seven.