Status: A lot of things have been coming up and I know I've been saying that I'm gonna post chapters but then it never happens, so I'm just gonna start posting them whever I get the chance, just to let you guys know.

Life in Konohagakure

The Race is On!

When we got to the training grounds, I leaned up against a tree and thought out loud to myself. "I wonder what I should work on today...hmmmm...I guess my speed could use some work."
"I can help you with that," Kiba said.
"And what exactly did you have in mind?" I asked him.
"How about a race? Me and you, to the Hokage Monument."
"Your on! Hinata, could you get a head start to the Hokage Monument, and make a mark for the finish line?"
"Hai," she said, and was off.
"Shino, you referee." (sp?) Kiba commanded.
"I'm ready when you are," I said, getting into a ready position.
"Alright," Shino announced, "On your marks....get set....go!"
Then we were off. I ran ahead of Kiba with ease, I looked behind me to see him trailing behind.
"Common, Kiba! You can do better than that!" I shouted.
"I'm just gettin' started!" He yelled back, his voice full of confidence.
Just as he said that, he suddenly appeared by my side. Damn, he was fast! He raced ahead of me, leaving dust clouds in my face. I heard him laugh as he ran.
'What am I going to do now?' I thought. Than, I got an idea. I stopped for a moment and took a deep breath. I made a couple of hand signs and then began to concentrate all of my chakra to my legs and feet. I could feel all of my chakra flowing through me. I opened my eyes, unaware that I had closed them. 'Alright,' I thought to myself, 'I hope this works!' Without even thinking, I sped off in the direction that Kiba went. I was going so fast I could barely see. 'I think I may have overdone it with the chakra! But better safe than sorry.' I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. I quickly caught up with Kiba, and then sped past him. "What the....?" I heard him say. I smirked, and continued towards the monument. I saw Hinata waiting at the top, and I rushed over to meet her, but the thing was...I couldn't slow down! 'How do I stop this crazy thing!?' Before I could think of what to do next, I tripped over the finish line and landed flat on my face.
"Ugh....." I groaned. At least Kiba wasn't here to see that. I quickly picked myself up off the ground and dusted my clothes off. I could see Kiba approaching the finish line, and as he crossed, I smiled happily to myself. Kiba looked like he was gonna collapse. I felt like I was going to too, but no way I was gonna show him that I was exhausted. He looked at me with an annoyed look on his face.
"Beginners luck..." he mumbled. I just laughed, and Hinata let out a small giggle. Shino came up behind Kiba and stood there, watching me laugh my ass off.
"I take it you lost?" Shino asked Kiba.
"Shut it!" Kiba yelled, which only made me laugh even harder. Hinata even started to laugh some more, and I could've sworn I heard Shino let out a small chuckle. I walked over to Kiba and smiled. "Common, I'm sorry, but you have to addmit that was pretty funny, I said, still laughing a bit.
"Hmph..." was the only reply I got.
"Hey, I know we've gotten off to a pretty rough start, but I'll make it up to you. I can teach you how I ran so fast if you want." I stuck out my hand.
He looked down at it and gave a small smile.
"Okay," he said in agreement shaking my hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I kinda rushed this chapter at the beggining, but I really wanted to write the part about the race ^_^ Hope you guys like it!