Be My Life Jacket

“Yeah, but supply closets are good for some things.”

“I feel like Charlie.” I chuckled as Landon and I trailed behind a red jacketed man through the rows of mass chocolate producing machines.

“What?” Landon asked, quirking an eyebrow.

“Like in Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.” I clarified. “A special tour through a chocolate factory.”

“I see.” He replied. “But at least you’re not poor.”

“And we’re not going to sneak off and do anything to get us kicked out.” I added.

Landon leaned into my ear and whispered “Or are we?” so low that I could barely hear him.

I stared at him in disbelief. I didn’t think--

Landon grabbed my hand, our fingers interlocking. A shock went through my body at the contact and I scolded myself for such feelings. He placed his pointer finger over his lips to shush me and lead me away from our guide.

“And as you can see here, the machines are molding the chocolate into their famous shape and imprinting our logo.” He was saying, back turned and totally oblivious.

Rows and rows of machines later, Landon and I stood in front of a door marked ‘Employees Only’ in white lettering.

“Let’s go in.” Landon suggested, reaching for the handle.

“No!” I cried.

“Why not?” He pouted.

“What if we get in trouble?” I asked nervously, biting my lip.

“We pretend we don’t know English and run like hell.” He said with a smile.

“I don’t know if that’s--,”

The sound of the door opening cut me off and Landon pulled me in and shut the door behind us. I looked up at him, fear and adrenaline rushing through me simultaneously. I blinked through the darkness until I heard a click and light flooded the room.

My adrenaline high faded when I realized this was merely a supply closet. Cleaning supplies lined the walls.

“This is boring.” I stated, reaching for the door.

“Yeah, but supply closets are good for some things.”

I arched an eyebrow, confused. “Like what?”

“Please don’t tell me you’re a virgin.” Landon laughed.

My face flamed but I ignored it.

“Tell me what you mean!” I demanded.

“Good God, you are!” He said, features becoming solemn. “You’ll understand when you’re older.”

“I’m out of here.” I said, reaching for the door. Landon grabbed my hand and pulled it away from the knob.

“Don’t get angry.” He soothed, locking his fingers with mine once again. “How about we get some coffee after this?”

“Fine.” I grumbled.

Landon reached to turn the knob, but it was stuck. He tried it again, jiggling it.

“It’s stuck!” He exclaimed, the color draining from his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well...sorry for not updating. I honestly thought I did. I wrote this a while ago, but I guess I just posted it on Wattpad. Forgive me? The next chapter should be up soon!

I'll give you a cookie if you comment. Well...an internet cookie...

~Kylie