Be My Life Jacket

"What supply closet?"

When we finally pulled into my driveway, Landon blinking as we stopped, I said goodbye. When he turned to face me, a thought popped into my brain. Acting on this thought, I leaned in until my lips were inches away from his. I had almost close the distance when he turned away and leaned back. That sent a pang through my chest. An odd sesation the brought heat to my face as well as pain to my heart.

"I'm sorry Mick." He said, shaking his head. "Not now." 

I quickly exited the car without a backward glance as I made my way up the driveway. What had I done? Landon had been fine just yesterday, but now it was almost as if he didn't like me anymore. As if he was repulsed by me even. I fought back the tears that threatened to surface. I was a man and I was going to act like one.

As soon as I was inside, the smell of cinnamon enveloped me and I welcomed the familiar scent. 

"Mick!" My aunt exclaimed, rushing toward me. In one hand she clutched her pink robe and in the other, she grasped me by the waist, yanking me to he fragile body. "We were so worried about you!"

"Call next time." My uncle said, giving me a firm pat on the shoulder before bounding into the kitchen.

"Shoot." I mumbled. "I'm sorry. We got stuck in a supply closet over night."

"We?" She questioned, cocking a brow.

"What supply closet?" My uncled chimed, popping out of the kitchen door frame with a mug in his hands.

I then explained everything that happened, leaving out the personal bits of course. I knew there would come a time that I'd have to tell them about mw and Landon. I just didn't know how they'd react. I mean, they weren't bible thumpers or anything. I just assumed it would come as a shock to them. 

I went up to my room after this. I was feeling extremely... off. I was hurt, sad, and full of questions. I mean, Landon came onto me, aside from the video. (I made a mental note to continute my investigation on that as well.) Now, all of a sudden, Landon didn't want me. Maybe we were just having a lovers' spat. Wait...lovers? Could we even be considered that? Were we boyfriend and...boyfriend? I needed to talk to him. 

It was hard enough losing my parents. The pain grappled my chest every time I thought about it. But this was different. Somehow. 

Was I falling in LOVE with Landon? The boy who saved my life not once, but twice? The boy who turned me onto my own gender? The boy who I barely knew anything about? Yeah. I was falling. And hard. But I didn't think he was there to catch me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey. This chapter took a while too. Not very long either. Probably a lot of mistakes because I just wrote it from my iPod and it's midnight.

~Kylie