Stolen Seconds

Twenty Three: Trust Me, You Don't Want to be Involved in My Family Drama

We finished our drinks and then we left to go back to the hotel. We really didn’t explore Missouri but that was fine with me. We got out of the elevator and he asked,” Are you staying in my room again tonight?”

I smiled,” Sure. I’m just going to go get my things.”

He nodded, “Alright, sounds good.”

We parted ways and I went into my room with a huge grin on my face. Tonight had been great and I was going to stay with Zak again. I ran around my room gathering pajamas and clothes for tomorrow. I stuffed my charger and makeup in my purse. I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth and used mouthwash before I headed to Zak’s room.

I slipped into a pair of light grey flats that went with tomorrows outfit and left.

~Zak’s POV~

I hopped off the bed when there was a light knock on my door. I let Ginny in and motioned that she could put her bag on the table. She pulled out pajamas and walked to the bathroom. I sat back down on the bed and changed the channel on the TV.

I felt eyes on me so I looked up to see Ginny leaning up against the bathroom doorway staring at me. Her hair was messy from the up do she had it in. I smiled a crooked smile and said,” Well hello there.”

She brushed some hair behind her left ear and replied,” Oh hey.”

She walked over to the side of the bed she had slept in last night and plopped down next to me. I offered her the remote and she shook her head,” There never is anything good on in
hotels.”

I turned off the TV and then looked at her. I asked,” Then what would you like to do?”

She moved around so she was now lying on her stomach. She suggested,” We can sit on the balcony?”

Just as we got up to go to the balcony Ginny’s phone went off. She walked over to her purse and said,” Hello?”

“Yeah, why?”

She laughed and then said,” Okay okay. Next time I’ll tell you when I’m on TV, dork. See you in a few days.”

She put her phone down and apologized,” Sorry that was my brother he was looking at the recordings of Ghost Adventures and saw that the newest one had my name on the info.”

I questioned,” He’s a fan?”

She replied,” more like a closet fan. He won’t admit it but he totally is.”

I rolled his eyes,” Well why he wouldn’t admit it?”

She answered,” You can’t just say stuff like that in my parent’s household.”

I raised an eyebrow. I was interested in finding out why. “Care to explain?” I asked.

She stated,” If it’s not what my dad believes you shouldn’t believe it either, Type of thing.”

I guessed,” You obviously stated that you do believe in something your dad doesn’t?”

She nodded,” Now every time I stop by I’m not really welcome and it ends in a screaming match.”

I looked over the balcony and replied,” Well I’m sorry about that.”

She shrugged,” it’s no big deal. He’s the stubborn ass. But my brother wants me to stop by when I get back into town.”

I asked,” I could go with you if you want?”

She looked at me as she sat down in the iron chair,” You don’t have to. I don’t want to put
you in the drama.”

I crossed my arms around my chest and said,” I don’t mind. I can go for like moral support if anything goes wrong.”

She chuckled,” If you think you’re ready.”

I nodded cockily,” I can handle anything. I’ve been possessed before so I know I can.”
She smiled, “Okay Mr. Demon hunter.”

I watched as she put her feet on the railing even though the chair was right against the railing. I gave her a weird look,” How did you do that?”

She eyed me,” I was a cheerleader in high school. I’m pretty flexible.”

I added,” Well I can tell.”

She rolled her eyes and laughed. When she looked away I grabbed her quickly and slung her over my shoulder. She squealed,” What are you doing!?”

I laughed and then threw her on the bed. She laughed as she landed against the pillows. I sat down next to her and she stuck her tongue out at me.

She hit me with a pillow before crawling underneath the covers. I smiled at her and then got underneath the covers as well after shutting off the light.

I was listening to the slight wind outside when I felt Ginny’s slip in between mine. She sighed, “Goodnight Zak.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry kind of a slow Chapter. Basically introducing you to more of Ginny's fathers beliefs.

Ginny's pajamas