Stolen Seconds

Twenty Four: Do I Have to Say I Told You So?

~Ginny’s POV~

Five days later I was driving to Zak’s house from quickly getting my car from out front of my parents’ house. Missouri was amazing. It was a little sad to have it end but we have lives we have to get back to. We had brought separate cars to the airport so I was following him to his house and then we were going to go to my parent’s house. What a joy!? Not.

After our amazing date night, we spent the rest of our vacation together going to the movies, going jet skiing on the lake and a bunch of other things. We kept pretty busy but the last day we just relaxed at the hotel and had a little barbeque in the pool area. The vacation was simple yet it meant so much. Zak was a gentleman. We had slept in the same bed for seven days and he hadn’t even tried to make any moves on me; which I respected.

Once again my thoughts were ranting on how much I liked Zak. I really need a hobby. I plugged my Droid into my radio and begin blasting the song Bounce by Timbaland. I tapped my gold flat against the gas pedal and speed onto the highway. Zak had his TVR Sagaris so he was already way ahead of me.

When I was close to his house, I texted him saying that I was going to stop by a circle K and then I would be there. I parked in the parking spot right in front of the automatic doors. I hopped out of the car and I happened to spot someone with a camera. I heard someone shout,” Its Pauly D!”

Sure enough, Pauly D had pulled up next to me. One of the paparazzi yelled,” This Circle K is hopping’. We have a Victoria Secret Model here to!”

Then the cameras flashed at me. That was my queue to hurry up and get my 44 OZ drink and get the hell out of there. Getting noticed by paparazzi doesn’t happen very often for me but that’s because I’m usually on the down low and no one knows a lot about my personal life. I don’t like how many celebrities have all their drama on every magazine cover, like really, get some dignity.

I pulled my sunglasses off the top of my head and put them on my face so I can cover my face on my way out. I filled my cup with Vanilla Coke and then paid the cashier a dollar. I hurried back to my car and pulled out of the parking lot.

I got to Zak’s house and walked up to his front door with my drink in hand. He opened the door and smiled,” Come on in.”

Ridley was skidding across the wood flooring trying to hurry and get attention from me. I scooped him up with my open hand and held him.

I stated,” Your really don’t have to go Zak.”

He was putting away a few things and he replied,” Do you not want me to go or something?”

I shook my head,” it’s not that I don’t want you to go. It just that no one meets my parents, they are crazy and would probably chase anyone away…”

He questioned,” You think they’re going to chase me away?”

I eyed him;” You don’t know them.”

He stated,” I’m not going there for them. I’m going for you. You just told me the other night that you leave there in screaming matches, so I’m only going so I can be there to comfort you.”

I mumbled,” Well that’s nice of you.”

He kissed me on top of the head and said,” We can leave now.”

I regretted standing up from the barstool maybe I should just skip out on going to my family’s house. I really didn’t want Zak to see things go down. I hate how horrible my relationship with my family is and it’s embarrassing.

I set Ridley down and followed Zak out of his house to my car. I hadn’t realized how close Zak lived to my parent’s house. It was only five minutes away from his house.

We pulled up in the drive way and I asked again,” Are you sure?”

He nodded, “Yep. Are you?”

I shrugged but opened my car door. Then I began silently praying that my brother would not say anything about his stupid nickname for Zak; Zak Fagans.

I rolled my eyes as I slipped my spare key into the lock and opened the door. Brady yelled,” How come you didn’t tell me you were on TV!!??”

Sure enough he was watching the episode I was in. I laughed at him and I heard Zak follow me farther into the house. Without looking away from the big screen Brady began,” If you win a Grammy, I better be the fir…”

He just now realized who was behind me and this is when I hoped to god that Brady won’t say Fagans.

Brady stuttered,” Your on Ghost… Adventures…?”

Zak smiled,” That I am.”

Brady exclaimed,” Dude your awesome! I would not have gone back to Bobby Mackey’s after all that shit happened!”

My jaw dropped as Zak walked past me with Brady to sit and watch Ghost Adventures with each other, chattering about Bobby Mackey’s.

I sat on the couch opposite from the recliners they were sitting in. I watched them bond quickly over stories from Zak’s lockdowns.

I asked,” Do either of you two want a drink?”

Zak shook his head no but Brady said yes. I laughed and then got up to walk over to the fridge. After I grabbed a glass of water for Brady I heard a deep voice from behind me. It asked,” What are you doing here?”

I knew it was my dad so I knew better than to add to his anger so I just didn’t answer. I kinda gave him a bullshit smile and began to walk away. Suddenly I felt a hard grasp against my blonde hair. I dropped the glass; not expecting such a sudden grip.

The glass breaking had attracted Zak and Brady to check out what had happened. My dad hardened the grip he had and demanded,” I asked, what you are doing here!?”

I didn’t make any eye contact with anyone I just looked straight ahead. I was humiliated. I didn’t even want to look Zak. This was embarrassing. How many times do you go over to your girlfriend’s parent’s house and her abusive father starts to get physical?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ginny's outfit