Stolen Seconds

Three: It's Been A While

~Zak’s POV~

I’m pretty sure all the flight attendant were staring over in my direction as the blonde one, who I’m pretty sure said her name was Ginny, made her way over to me. I couldn’t help myself as I stared at her body. Her legs in those blue heels and the black skirt were amazing. I did however feel extremely embarrassed when she herself had to get me out of my trance.

I really did need that shot of whiskey after seeing her. I kept my eyes down or on Aaron whenever he would film his Vblogs. He just had to mention on one of his Vblogs about me having my eyes on the flight attendant. I rolled my eyes at him and Nick taunting me and put my headphones back in.

I closed my eyes for about an hour and when I reopened them I focused my eyes on the flight attendant section. I could see Ginny sitting in her seat reading a book. I squinted my eyes and saw that she was reading my book. Hmm a fan?

I tried to make my staring not to obvious but my plan didn’t work. She caught me staring a few times. It would probably be easier if I were wearing my sunglasses but that would just look extremely suspicious on an airplane.

I couldn’t let some girl I didn’t know take over my mind when tonight we had a lockdown at
the Trans-Alleghmy Lunatic Asylum. We had already done a live investigation there once but we wanted to go back now that it had been a year or two. I had to keep focus on our goal and that was getting some great new evidence from the asylum. But damn she was hot.

“Zak. Hello, earth to Zak?”

I flinched as I finally realized Nick was trying to get my attention.

He smiled,” Why don’t you take a picture, it lasts longer.”

I frowned at him as he and Aaron high fived each other since their plan to embarrass me worked.

I was alright with girls. I mean I had high school girls hitting on me from a bus once and I’m pretty popular in Vegas. My last relationship ended shitty. I had never even heard of a relationship that could top this break up. She and I broke up not long after our first trip to Bobby Mackey’s music world.

It was 2008 and Aaron, Nick, and I had returned home after investigating. Nick was recently married and Aaron was as well. That investigation had our ratings tripling and we had some great evidence, which of course included me provoking demons and then getting scratched on my back.

In turn, we had not expected to find out that whatever was at Bobby Mackey’s had followed us ALL home. Nick had minimal experiences at his own home considering he wasn’t one for provoking or talking to much. He only had stuff like sinks turning on and off and footsteps. Aaron though, had much more experiences. Whenever we had left for other lockdowns, his wife was claiming to be attacked by something evil. Aaron was 80 percent sure that the Bobby Mackey’s investigation helped ruin his marriage.

Me on the other hand, Bobby Mackey’s seemed to have changed me. Being physically attacked creeped me out but when whatever it was followed me home, that rocked my world. My very last girlfriend, Christina Dolce, had rosemary beads on one time while she was over. We watched the necklace fly from her neck to behind a locked door. She heard what had happened to Aaron and his now ex-wife and she was freaked. We stayed together for a little while but the anxiety from being alone while I was gone drove her nuts. I came home one day to find a voice mail explaining how ‘I should enjoy my life being with my fucking ghosts.’

Ever since then I haven’t had a girlfriend. No girl seems to understand why I do what I do. I do it because I love the adrenaline rush and it’s my hobby. I can’t help if a spirit happens to follow me home once and a while or me being gone to do a lockdown.

I overheard Aaron making some weird noise like he was having a seizure or something but really he was just trying to alert me that the blonde flight attendant was in route to come over to us. In her hands was Dark World: Into the Shadows with Lead Investigator of the Ghost Adventures Crew. She quickly looked around to see some passengers snoring away or reading.

She stood on the side of me and stated,” I’ve been on plenty of planes with celebrities and I never do this.”

She held the book out in front of her so I could grab it and she asked,” Can you guys sign
this?”

Aaron smiled his goofy smile,” hell yeah!”

He snatched the book out of my hands and signed the book excitedly. I kept quiet as I signed the book. Nick then signed the book and wrote a note in the book saying, “Don’t try provoking ghost otherwise you might end up like Zak, awkward and to quiet.”

She laughed at his note and hugged the book to her chest,” Alright well thank you and enjoy the rest of your flight. It should be only thirty more minutes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the book