Stolen Seconds

Seven: Taking a Leap of Faith

I warned as I held my leather jacket together,” Sure but I normally don’t wear this kind of stuff. Mackenzie bought the outfit.”

As I stood up from the barstool I let go of my jacket. I saw his eyes widen at the sight. I blushed. He shook his head,” Well I think you look just fine.”

“Just fine?” I laughed.

He smiled goofily,” Alright, you look extremely hot. Let’s hit the dance floor.”

He pulled me by the hand into the crowded dance floor. I caught a look from Mackenzie who had a huge smile on her face seeing who I was with. We got into the middle of the floor just as Touching On My by 3oh!3 began to play.

At first I just kind of swayed to the beat and then I started laughing at Zak dancing. He spun me around for a second which caused us both to laugh. I swung my hair flirtatiously as I moved to the beat. Within seconds we were closer and dancing more provocative.

The song had changed to who’s That Chick. I could feel his hot breath against the back of my neck before I turned around to face him as we continued to dance.

“Back on the dance floor, better not to take me home
Bass kicking so hard blazing through my beating heart.”


Suddenly I felt his hand lay on my cheek as he went in to kiss me. The hot kiss had been unexpected but everything after that was in slow motion. It felt like the world had just stopped as we were kissing. I stiffened at first at the touch of his lips but then I kissed him back.

“French kissing on the floor, heart is beating hardcore
everybody is getting a little tipsy on the crazy juice
this will end up on the news.”


He pulled away with a look of shock. He apologized, “Oh my god. I am so sorry. I just got lost in the moment and…”

Um I’m sorry but I don’t know why the hell anyone would apologize for a kiss like that. I’m pretty sure I shared the same shock look. I shook my head which quieted him, “Don’t apologize.”

He continued,” no I totally invaded your space. I can’t believe I did that.”

I murmured as we walked away from the loud music,” It was worth it.”
He looked over his shoulder at me,” excuse me?”

I explained,” Well that was amazing… I would not apologize for that.”
He laughed,” Are you serious?”
I nodded happily.

An Hour Later:

I was walking in front of Zak out to the terrace connected to the Ghost bar. I moved my hair over my right shoulder and he asked,” is that a tattoo I see?”

I looked over my left shoulder as if I could see my tattoo on my shoulder blade. I nodded as I placed my hands on the railing.

He touched my shoulder and I shivered underneath his fingertips. He read my tattoo out loud,” Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times.”

He asked,” What made you get that?”

I answered,” I guess I got it because it was inspiring. Why did you get that cross?”
He replied,” I can’t answer that.”

I laughed,” I figured. I was just trying to see if you would maybe spill the beans.”

He bumped into me jokingly. He asked,” So what brings you to Vegas?”

I stated,” I live here.”

He raised his eyebrows,” Like in Vegas?”

I questioned,” Well where else?”
He laughed.

I added,” I actually know the manager of the Palms so I bought one of the Penthouses in the Palms hotel.”

He looked at me with a confused look on his face. I grabbed his hand and said,” here I’ll show you!”

Zak followed me out of the bar and down the elevator to the floor where my house was. The first thing he saw was the terrace through the windows in the living room. He mouthed,” holy shit.”

I giggled as I kicked off my high heels.

He asked, “How do you even afford this?”

I stated,” Let’s just say I’m really good at saving money and I used to model and do makeup for celebrities. But that’s the past; you don’t even know half of it.”

He looked away from the lighted strip and said nicely,” I would like to find out the rest.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:)