Stolen Seconds

Eight: Countless One Night Stands

I smiled at him. He looked at his watch,” I better go back and get Nick. His wife wanted him home at a certain time.”

I got up from the loveseat and followed him to the door. He took out his IPhone and handed it to me. I typed my number into his contacts. We both grinned at each other. He stepped out into the hall and whispered,” If you don’t mind I’d like to do this one more time.”

He placed his lips lightly on mine and then walked away from me leaving me speechless. I bit my lip as I watched him walk down the hall and back to the bar.

When I closed the door I twirled around in the foyer smiling. I couldn’t believe the night I just had. Best birthday in a long time? Yes.

~Zak’s POV~

I walked away from Ginny’s penthouse with my head full of thoughts. Could I have met a girl more perfect for me? Probably not.

Ginny is into the paranormal, loves to travel, lives in Vegas, and has the same type of personality as me. Aaron would probably add the fact that she wears Rebel Clothing. I was a bit ashamed that I couldn’t control myself enough to keep from kissing her. I was definitely going to call her in the next couple days.

I sat in Nick’s kitchen with Aaron. Nick asked,” You disappeared for a little bit earlier. We couldn’t find you.”

I stated,” Ginny was showing me her penthouse.”

Aaron snorted,” That’s probably not all she showed him!”

I hit him in the arm,” That’s not funny Bro!”

Nick and Aaron laughed at me getting defensive. Aaron questioned,” So what made you change your mind to bring your personality into the picture?”

I looked at him like he was dumb but I answered,” I think it was what that guy flight attendant had said to me. That really got me thinking. Maybe I shouldn’t be scared of opening up again?”

Nick agreed,” Your countless one night stands couldn’t be as fulfilling as a relationship with someone you seem to be really attracted to.”

I eyed him since he mentioned the one night stands I have had. What can I say? A guy has to relieve himself sometimes. But when you’ve practically sworn off relationships what are you supposed to do?

I stated,” You know, she has a degree in parapsychology.”

Aaron questioned, “That’s cool, what are you suggesting?”

I suggested,” Maybe we should see if she would want to come on a few of our lockdowns. Not everyone we bring in has a degree in what we do.”

Nick nodded,” It would be useful. We’ll have to ask her.”

Aaron crossed his arms,” I don’t know man. What if she really proves to be super helpful and she and Zak don’t end up hitting it off?”

I got quiet and then said,” I didn’t think about that.”

Aaron suggests,” I say that you should go on a no drinking date and then we all go and hang out with her.”
I nod.

Nick smiles,” That’s a good idea Aaron. That way you can get to know her better and then when we all hang out we can just have fun and be our normal selves.”

I laughed,” Is that supposed to be a good thing? Acting like your normal selves?”

Aaron and Nick both joined me in laughing. I left my two friends and ghost hunters so I can go back to my apartment. As I walked into my bedroom and took off my shirt, I decided that I would call her tomorrow. I changed into black sweatpants and slid into bed.

I groaned as I could feel the heat of the sun gleaming through my windows beating against my chest and face. Damn I had forgotten to close the windows the whole time I was gone. I reluctantly got up from bed and looked at my phone. Well I slept through a lot of the sun it was already noon.

I took a quicker shower than usual in hopes I could reach Ginny sooner. I knew there was a chance she could say no to going out for lunch but I didn’t want to think that. I was chancing that I would get my hopes up but I didn’t care.

I did my hair in the famous ‘shark fin.’ If you watched one of Aaron’s Vblogs you would understand that name. I put on one of my red Rebel shirts and dark blue jeans with my checkered old school vans. I picked up my phone and clicked the call button connected to Ginny’s name.

The phone kept ringing so I started to feel like my confidence was all for nothing. Finally at
the last ring I heard,” Ginny Hart, how can I help you?”

I stuttered, “G-G-Ginny, its Zak Bagans.”