Status: In the works

Paranormalcy

Danny & The Ditching ***

When the bus pulls up at the venue, there’s a mad rush for the exit, as many of us are getting annoyed with each other, and just want fresh air.

“Sweet land! Sweet, hard, cold land!,” Juliet says, as she gets down on the ground and kisses it, and attempts to hug it.

“Er… Shelby, I don’t think the ground can hug back,” I state while I lean up against the bus, and wait for Craig so we can finally have our coffee date.

“You never know… We may just be able to see it. For all we know, the ground could be hugging us each time we walk on it. Or when we get scrapes and bruises, that could be their version of hugging,” Juliet replies, with a stone cold face.

“Juliet… Did you steal weed off ETF’s bus and smoke it while I was asleep?,” I ask her.

Juliet doesn’t answer me/seem to hear me, because she skips into the venue like a four year old.
Now that Juliet has gone inside, and I have no one else to talk to, since Danny and I aren’t exactly the closet at this moment, and I haven’t seen Ian or Shelby; I watch as the other bands on the tour (Get Scared, and For All Those Sleeping) unload their equipment and carry it into the venue, as I tap my foot against the bottom of the bus. I stop watching after a while, and decide to go walking down the street to see if Craig’s bus has pulled up to the venue. After walking down both sides of the street, I don’t see their bus. But, I wouldn’t expect that, considering I knew that they would probably have press, and photo shoots for magazines. On the other hand, I was kinda hoping that we were going to be able to have our coffee date before Paranormalcy had to soundcheck, since we too had press to do. As I start to ponder over whether or not Craig will actually show up, my cell phone buzzes, alerting me that I have a text message. The text message is from Craig:

Hey, sry, cnt mke it

I sigh to myself, put my phone away, and walk back to our bus, and trailer. I lean up against the side of the trailer, and take off my boots. Yeah, I know, you may think that I’m crazy, because I’m walking around the streets of LA in no shoes, but there’s no way in hell that I’m unloading our equipment in high heel boots. I reach up and unlatch the hook to our beat up trailer, and ss soon as I do this, the guitar rack decides to roll itself quickly down onto my foot.

“FUCKITY FUCK! MOTHERFUCKING! BITCH! SHIT!,” I scream out as many other curse words explode from my mouth.

“Abby… Do you need some help?,” Danny hesitantly asks me. I look down at my foot, which is swelling, and then back up at Danny.

“Fine… But this doesn’t mean that we’re back on good terms,” I snarl at him.

He smiles gently, “I wouldn’t expect any different from you”

I snort, and retort back with, “That brings up another topic… Expecting things from people… You know what, I won’t get into it with you”

“No, no, Abby, tell me, I’m fine with anything” I sigh,

“Alright… If you can handle me talking about Craig, and how he blew me off for our coffee date”

Danny drops one of the cymbals onto the ground, and it makes a loud SMASH!

“A-A-A date with Craig?,” he says stuttering.

“I knew this would happen… I shouldn’t have told you anything about him”

“No, no, I’m fine with it… I just mean… Don’t you think it’s a little fast, you guys don’t even know each other, you know what I mean?”

I nod thoughtfully, and smile, “Thanks, Danny… You’re the best,” I say then hug him.

I feel him hug back tightly and I like the way this feels. It’s the best friend kind of feel, that you know that they’ll stand up for you, no matter what, and that they’ll give you advice, and support you, while at the same time tell you when you are being stupid. And I have a feeling that I was stupid for thinking that Craig was into me. I mean, he was probably off drinking, and doing drugs, and I don’t want/need that in my life. Not in this perfect life that I seem to be having.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well.. Well... Well.. 3 months later, and I'm still writing..?
Yes, I know, how weird..
Either way, I'm hoping to be finishing the next chapter tonight, and it's a BIG Chapter!
I hope you enjoy it! :)