Sequel: This Broken Place.
Status: complete (: check out the sequel

If I Could Gather up the Nerve

Sometimes

Jane and Kennedy were in the living room watching a movie. When Jane's phone went off. It was her friend Charlotte from California.
"Hello."
"Hi Jane."
"So I was wondering if you were coming to my wedding this weekend. You can bring you bf."
"That's this weekend. Oh dang. We plan on driving out tomorrow. So we can be there the night before the wedding."
"Okay good. Jane I really miss you."
"I miss you to Char."
"Ill see you tomorrow night or the next morning."
"Okay bye."
Kennedy turned and smiled at Jane.
"So should I start packing now for this wedding."
"Yeah I am so sorry. I totally forgot about it."
"Its all good."
Image

When Jane and Kennedy pulled up to Charlotte house Charlotte was outside.
Jane got out of the car and was greeted by Charlotte running up to her. Kennedy was still in the car.
"Oh my god Jane I have missed you so much. Also Lucas has too." Charlotte said pulling her into a hug.
"Can we please not talk about your brother slash my ex boyfriend."
"Yeah totally. So is the boy in the car your boyfriend you live with?" Charlotte said with a grin on her face.
"Yeah."
"He looks familiar." It was then Kennedy turn the corner and was visible to Jane and Charlotte.
"Char this is Kennedy. Kennedy meet Char." Kennedy then went and grabbed Jane's hand.
"Nice to meet you Char."
"Oh my god you're Kennedy Brock. From The Maine."
“Yeah that would be me." Kennedy said smiling
"Jane why didn't you tell me you were old best friends with Kennedy Brock."
"Because he was John Trotter to me. Him being Kennedy is new to me."
The three of them walked into the house. Jane stopped walking before they entered and told Charlotte. "We will be there in a second I need to talk to Kennedy for a moment."
"Ok"
"So Kennedy you need to know Char's older brother, his name is Lucas. He is my ex boyfriend. The reason I moved back home. Also in case he want to be stupid like Austin and brag yes I had sex with him."
"Okay."
"I'm sorry. I was with him from the time I was seventeen in a half till a month before I turned twenty."
"I understand completely."
When Jane and Kennedy walked in they were greeted by Charlotte's parents saying how much they miss her. When Kennedy move their bags to the guest room they are staying in Jane went to the kitchen to get a drink.
"If it isn't the beautiful Jane Dylan." Jane turned around to see Lucas leaning against the counter.
"Hey Lucas."
"Jane can I say again that I am really sorry I cheated on you. You are literally the best thing that has ever happened to me and I threw it away."
"Okay."
"All you have to say is okay."
"Yeah Lucas I'm here with my boyfriend Kennedy."
"Char said something about you being with your old best friend the one that you had that huge fight with."
"Why did you take him back but you won't take me back.?"
"Because you cheated on me and ripped my heart." It was then Kennedy walked in.
"Am I interrupting something?"
"Nope. Kennedy this Lucas. Lucas this Kennedy."
The boys waved at each other.
"Nice to meet you Lucas." Kennedy said.
"Nice to meet you too."
Image

Jane were laying in bed cuddling.
"I'm really sorry that we are staying at my ex's parent’s house."
"Its no big deal. I think they like me." Kennedy smiled at her kiss the top of her head.
"They do like you. Char's mom told me."
"Really"
"Yeah."
Image

Everyone was getting ready for the wedding. Kennedy was in the shower when Jane was getting dress. When he came into the room he couldn’t believe how beautiful Jane looked.
"Your breath taking." Kennedy said with a goofy smile on his face.
"Really." Jane said smiling.
"Yeah you are. I am the luckiest guy in the world to be able to call you my girlfriend."
"I also pretty lucky to call you my boyfriend."
Image

The wedding went great Jane cried a bit she couldn't believe Charlotte was now married. Let alone married to her high school sweetheart.
Its was time for the after party. Kennedy and Jane had been dancing for a while when, Kennedy decided to go get them drinks and Jane needed to use the restroom.
Jane was walking to the restroom when she was stopped by Lucas.
"Jane can I talk to you?" He said running to catch up to her.
"Yeah what's up?"
"I want you to break up with that band guy and get back together with me."
"What?" Jane was caught completely off guard.
"Come on you know I'm better for you."
"Um Lucas no your not. You cheated on me you pretty much ripped my heart. The only thing that's has made me not feel like I have a hole in my chest after you is Kennedy."
"I don't know why you find him so special."
"Because he known me forever he knows everything about me. He was the first guy was in love with."
"I thought I was the first guy you were in love with."
"You where the first guy I fell in love with. The love I have for Kennedy and the love I had for you are to different thing."
"Well I will always have one thing over him."
"And what's that?" Jane said unamused.
"I have your virginity."
"And I honestly could give a fuck." Tears started streaming down her face. They weren't tears of sadness more tears of anger. Jane turned on her heels and walked towards Kennedy at the bar.
"Babe why are you crying?"
"I talked to Lucas." The two of them walked over and sat their table.
"What did he say to you to make you cry?"
"He told me to break up with you and get back together with him."
"And what did you say."
"I told him if he was crazy. He was also saying how he will always have one thing you don't have."
"What is that?" Jane looked down at the table not wanting to say it.
"He was my first." Kennedy then grabbed Jane's hand and started walking toward Charlotte.
"Kennedy where are we going?"
"Tell Char goodbye. We're going home."
"Why are we going home?”
“Because if we don't I'm going to punch Lucas. Its your choice."
"I will say goodbye to Char."
Jane said goodbye to Char and told her she would text her.
When the two of them got back to Char parents house the two of them changed out of what they wearing and got into more comfortable clothes, and Kennedy load the car.
"Kennedy are you sure you want to drive tonight? Its like 11:30."
"Yeah I'm positive. I'm wide awake."
"I'm sorry about Lucas."
"Its not your fault Jane." Kennedy pulled her into a hug and kissed her.
"I love you." Kennedy said while still hugging Jane.
"I love you too."
Image

Kennedy was getting tired at four so him and Jane switched.
When they got back to their home in Arizona. It was 8:45 in the morning.
They both got out of the car. They both grabbed all there bags and headed inside.
"I'm tire let's get some sleep." Kennedy said stretching.
"Sounds perfect to me."
The two of them walked inside carrying there bags in to the living room. When they put down there bags they both stretched. Kennedy grabbed Jane’s hand and led them into their bed room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title: A Rocket To The Moon
So here's the thing I'm leaving for Las Vegas today and I won't be back till Monday. I can't promise I will be updating while I'm there. I'm going to try, but I can't promise anything.
My Garrett Story
My John Story