Sequel: This Broken Place.
Status: complete (: check out the sequel

If I Could Gather up the Nerve

Life Like This

It was mid afternoon on Kennedy's twentieth birthday. His mom gave him mail that was delivered to their house instead of the Dylan’s house, and asked him to go give it to them. He had not been over there much since his fight with Jane. He missed Jane so much. Jane had still not moved back home from California where she moved when she was seventeen.
Kennedy walked a crossed his front lawn to Dylan’s house and rang the door bell excepting Mrs. Dylan to answer the door. A moment later he stood in complete shock when grey eyed brunette opened the door.
Jane?” Kennedy stammered out.
“Yeah hey John come in.” Jane said smiling. Kennedy walked in.
“It’s kinda Kennedy now.”
“Oh. So Kennedy Trotter?” Jane said confused.
“No Kennedy Brock. I took my step dads last name.”
“Oh.” Jane really didn’t know what to say.
Jane walked in to the living room from the entry hall and sat on the couch and Kennedy followed.
“Jane can I just say I am so sorry for being the complete dumb ass that day we had the huge fight.” Kennedy said awkwardly scratching his neck.
“I forgive you Kennedy.” Jane said smiling sweetly.
“Really you do?” Kennedy said smiling.
“Yeah.”
“So how was California?” Kennedy asked smiling.
“It was beyond amazing. I would have stayed there longer but after the break up I needed change, and I felt like coming home was the right thing.”
“Who were you with and for how long?” Kennedy all the sudden felt jealous.
“His name was Lucas. I was with him for two years.”
“Wow that’s a really long time.”
“Would have gone longer if he wasn’t a cheater.” Jane said biting her lip.
“Oh Jane I am so sorry.”
“It’s not your fault. Do you want to go to my room like old times” Jane said smiling.
The two of them walked up stairs to her room it looked pretty much the same. Kennedy looked on her wall to find pictures of the two of them over the years. It made him happy even after the fight she left them up. He thought Jane would sit on the bed and talk instead she head for the window.
She crawled out the window and sat down against the outside wall of her room. Kennedy then followed and sat down next to her.
“So how long have you been back?” Kennedy scratching the back of his next awkwardly
“I got here like two hours ago. Also happy birthday Kennedy.”
“Thank you. So have you talked to anyone since you got back?”
“Kennedy you know I never had a lot of friends here. You were like my only friend.”
“What about Cali?” Kennedy felt guilty all the sudden.
“Cali moved Nebraska two months before I moved to California.”
“Oh.” Kennedy said not knowing what to say.
“Yeah one of the main reasons I moved to Pismo Beach was because I didn’t have any friends.”
“You know I have always have been your friend.”
“No you weren’t really. Are friendship ended that night when we were sixteen in my bedroom.”
“You know I have never, not considered you a friend. Even after the fight. I called your house every night after you left. I even wrote you letters.”
“You wrote me letters” Jane said shocked
“Yeah, I wrote you a letter once a week for a year.”
“Yeah I never got any of them.” Jane said not knowing what to say.
“In every single one I said how sorry I was.” Kennedy said looking at his feet.
“Never got any of them. Kennedy I really want us to be like we used to be.”
“Yeah so do I. How about we hang out tonight?” Kennedy said staring into her Grey eyes.
“Sounds good to me. Do you want to come over here for a barbeque tonight with my parents?”
“It sound like old times. What time do you want me to come over?”
“How about you come over in like two hours at four.” Jane said smiling.
“Yeah sounds perfect.” Kennedy said smiling back at her. The two of them stood up and head back in to Jane’s room.
“Kennedy aren’t you doing something with your friends and family for your birthday” she and Kennedy were walking down stairs to the front door.
“Yeah I am tomorrow with my friends, and my mom and step-dad the night after. They have to go to my grandma’s tonight.”
“Oh ok.”
“Hey Jane I can’t wait for dinner tonight.” Kennedy said leaning and hugging Jane.
“Me neither John. I mean Kennedy. I am really sorry it’s going to take a little getting use to.” Jane said embarrassed.
“It’s totally fine.” Kennedy said turned and started walking towards his house.
♠ ♠ ♠
So chapter 2.
I hope you guys like the story so far. I am shocked that people are reading it.
So I have a Garrett Story
Chapter title from The Maine
subscribe and comment please :)
Also thank you so much alltimeamandamaine