Sequel: This Broken Place.
Status: complete (: check out the sequel

If I Could Gather up the Nerve

Everywhere Everything

It was the day after Kennedy’s birthday. It was the day he had plan to go out with the guys.
Jane was over Kennedy’s till six in the morning, when she snuck back in to her house.
Kennedy got up at eleven and got dressed and headed over to Garrett’s house. Once at Garrett’s house he knocked on Garrett’s door and Garrett answered the door.
“hey Kennedy what’s up?”
“nothing much.”
“Ken why do you seem so happy?” Garrett asked as the two of them head up stairs towards Garrett’s room.
“because I found out that my old best friend moved back home.”
“wait that Jane girl you had a huge fight with, and after she moved to California.”
“Yeah” Kennedy said suddenly feeling guilty about Jane leaving.
“that’s cool”
“and she forgave me. She told me she wants us to be friends again.”
The two of them chilled in Garrett’s room for a little while when Kennedy turned and asked “so do you mind if I invite Jane tonight I want you guys to meet her.”
“Of course dude I really want to meet her and I am pretty sure so do all the other guys do to.”
Image

Kennedy was sitting in his room deciding how he was going to go talk to Jane. He had two options go to the front door or option two climb up on her roof like he used two do when he was a teenager.
He walked down his stairs and decided he was going to go climb on her roof. He walked straight through his backyard to the Dylan’s backyard. He walked over to the wall he used to climb up when he was younger.
He hopped up and pulled himself on to the roof. He stood there for a moment really proud of himself. Then he head for Jane’s room. This was the first time he was doing this since their big fight when he was sixteen.
He got to her window and knocked on it and saw her walk up to and pull her window up.
“hey” Jane said as Kennedy crawled into her room.
“Hey yourself. Why do I feel like I am sixteen again?” Kennedy said with a smile on his face.
“because these last two days have been like the old days. Before I moved away.” Jane then and went and sat down on her bed and Kennedy sat down on the edge of her bed.
“so I was wondering how fast you can get ready.” Kennedy said smiling at her.
“In like ten minutes. Why?” Jane asked confused
“because I am having a party for my birthday at Jared’s house and I wanted you to go.” Kennedy said smiling.
“ok what time are we going?” Jane said
“we are suppose to be there ten minutes so I hope you get ready fast” Kennedy said smirking.
“Ok” Jane ran to her closet and grabbed a pink floral romper. She ran to the bathroom and changed and put her brunette hair in a braid over her shoulder. Put a little bit of mascara and black eyeliner on. She brushed her teeth quickly.
When she walked back into her room Kennedy’s eyes lit up at the sight of her.
“you look beautiful Jane.” Kennedy said with a goofy smile on his face.
“thank you. I did that in seven minutes.” Jane said grabbing her white sandals that matched her romper.
“You ready?” Kennedy said as Jane put her phone in her pocket.
“yeah I am. Would you like to go out my front door?” Jane said smiling at Kennedy.
“That would be easier.”
Image

Once at the party Kennedy didn’t even knock. The house was full of people Jane had never seen before. Kennedy grabbed Jane’s wrist and walked her through the house to the backyard where he found Jared, John, Garrett, and Pat.
“Guys this is Jane.” Jane smiled and waved.
“Hi I’m Pat, and I can till you now we are going to be best friends.” Pat said pulling Jane into a hug and making her smile.
“I’m Jared, I’m going to not invade your personal space like Pat over there just did” Jared said the while laughing at Pat.
“Hi I’m Garrett it’s nice to meet you.” Garrett said waving at her.
“I’m Johno it’s nice to meet you” John said nodding his head at Jane
“So Jane how old are you?” Jared asked smiling
“I’m nineteen. I will be twenty in like three day”
“That’s cool. So you’re Kennedy’s old best friend from diaper days.” John said with a cocky smirk.
“Yeah up till the time I was sixteen.”
“hey guys who is this lovely lady?” a guy with a mustache said.
“Austin this is my friend Jane.”
“well then Jane you have beautiful grey eyes” Austin said with a flirtatious grin.
Kennedy just rolled his eyes
“Thank you and you have one amazing mustache” Jane said with a smirk
Image

It was one o’clock and everyone was gone, but Jane, Kennedy, John, Jared, Garrett, Pat, Austin and these fives sweet girls that Jane had talked to through out the night, Valerie, Kat, Marie, Devin, and Polly.
They all sat in Jared’s living room decided they were all going to play spin the bottle. Who ever the bottled land on you had to kiss. The only rule was it had to be some one of the opposite sex.
They all sat in a circle in the living room. Jared was first to go. He spun the bottle and it land on Polly. Who sat on the other side of the circle? Him and Polly met in the middle and locked lips.
Polly spun the bottle and it land on Pat. Polly and Pat were sitting next to each other so Pat and Polly turned and started kissing. They pulled apart and Polly started giggling.
Pat spun the bottle and it landed on Garrett. Everyone laughed and Garrett said “whoa whoa whoa. I am not kissing Pat.”
“Calm down there Garrett you don’t have to kiss Pat. It’s in the rules he just has to spin again.” Jared said laughing. Pat spun again and it landed on Maria.
Maria and Pat kissed. Maria spun and it land on Austin. The two of them kissed and Austin grabbed the bottle and spun it and it landed on Jane.
Jane smiled and looked down at here legs.
“Ready pretty lady?” Austin said with a crooked smile. Austin was sitting next to Kennedy who was sitting next to Jane. Austin leaned across Kennedy and Jane met him half way. The two started kissing for about a minutes when Kennedy coughed.
“wow you are a good kisser.” Austin said smirking, and sitting back in his spot. Jane was next to spin. She spun the bottle and it land on John.
“ready there Johno.” Jane said smirking
“You bet.” John said closing the space between them and meshing there lips together.
John then spun the bottle and it landed on Devin. Then Devin spun and it land on Garrett. Garrett spun and it landed Valerie. One thing that Jane gathered from the night is that Valerie had a thing for Kennedy so she knew when it was her turn she was hoping it would land on Kennedy, but it landed on Jared. Jared spun and it land on Kat. Kat spun and it landed on Kennedy they only kissed for a moment when Kennedy spun the bottle and it landed on Jane.
Kennedy looked at Jane and said “You know we don’t have to do this if you don’t want to.”
“Yeah let’s do this to see what its like.” Jane said smiling.
“Ok.” Kennedy then moved his close to her and connected his lips to Jane’s. they kissed for a moment before. Kennedy put his hand in the nap of Jane’s neck. Jane put her hands around Kennedy’s neck. They pulled apart when John stood up and said “well then”
Kennedy and Jane just looked at each other smiling. Neither of them had ever felt like that before after kiss someone before. Neither of them could deny the sparks they just felt.
After that kiss everyone decided that the game was done. Jared and John decided they wanted to play a game of beer pong. Kennedy said he would be on a team so Valerie wasted no time volunteering to be on some ones team. It was then that all the other girls decided it was time to go home.
When the girls left Garrett and Pat were talking about something in the kitchen. While Jane sat in a patio chair when Austin pulled up a chair and sat next to her.
“hey there again pretty lady.” Austin said with a smirk on his face.
“hey there yourself mustache man.”
“Are you seeing anyone Jane?”
“No I’m not Austin.”
“Well then am I allowed to ask you out on a date?” Austin said with flirty grin on his face. It was then Kennedy heard Austin ask Jane out. He missed his shoot and his eyes about bugled out of his head.
“that would be nice. When is this date going to happen?” Jane said giving him a flirty look.
“how about tomorrow? Well technically tonight at seven I come pick you up.”
“sounds good to me.” Kennedy then walked over to Jane.
“Jane are you ready to go home?”
“Yeah I am just wait a second I have to give Austin my number, and tell him where I live.” Jane put her phone number into Austin phone.
“so Austin I live next door to Kennedy in the grey house.”
“will do pretty lady see you tonight at seven.” Austin said hugging her.
Kennedy and Jane said there goodbyes they were in Kennedy’s car on the way home when Kennedy turned and asked
“what do you want to do on the seventeenth for you birthday?”
“Um I don’t know. What do you want do?”
“really? Jane it’s your birthday why don’t you choose?”
“Can you come over and watch movies in my bedroom like the old days?”
“Yeah that sounds perfect to me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So I bet no one expected me to through Austin Gibbs into this.
Next Chapters even better.
Chapter Title from This Century
Thank You. alltimeamandamaine
Please Comment and Subscribe
check out my Garrett Story