Sequel: This Broken Place.
Status: complete (: check out the sequel

If I Could Gather up the Nerve

I Like The Ones

It was 6:45 and Jane could not decide what to wear for her date with Austin. She then and looked out her window to see that Kennedy’s window was open so she stuck her head out the window and called Kennedy.
“yeah” Kennedy said sticking his head out to see what she wanted.
“can you come over? I can’t decide what to wear and nobody is home to give me their oppion on what I am wearing.”
“yeah no problem is the back door unlocked?”
“yeah it is and just come straight up to my room.” Jane put on her white stripe dress. She had waist length hair down with its natural beachy waves. She also had mascara and a little bit of eye liner on.
She was looking through her shoes when Kennedy walked in and said.
“wow you look beyond beautiful.” Kennedy said with a goofy grin on his face.
“really?” Jane said with a smile on her face. It was then Jane’s phone vibrated.
“its Austin he says he’s here.” Jane said grabbing her purse and ran down stairs. Kennedy followed right behind her.
Jane opened the door to find Austin standing there with a smirk on his face.
“hey pretty lady.” Austin said lifting one of his eyebrows.
“hey.”
Image

Austin and Jane went out to dinner. After they ordered Austin looked and asked
“So how was it living in California from the age of seventeen to pretty much twenty?”
“It was nice. I lived in Pismo beach at my aunt’s beach front house.”
“So what made you move there?”
“I had nothing keeping me here. I didn’t have any friends and I decided I needed a fresh start.”
“What about Kennedy. Weren’t you guy best friends?”
“Yeah I was from the time I was two up till I was sixteen. We got in a huge fight and I moved away.”
“Oh wow. You guys seem good now.” Austin said with a small smirk
“Yeah we just reconnect like few day ago. We made a pack we are going to be close again.”
Dinner went well then Austin drove them to the movies. During the movie Austin put his arm around Jane. She enjoyed this very much. After the movie Austin drove Jane home. He got out of his car and walked Jane up to her front door.
“I had a really nice time.” Austin said putting his hands in his pockets and looking in to Jane’s grey eyes.
“yeah so did i.” Jane said looking at her feet. Austin then leaned in and kissed her. Their kiss intensified. When they pulled away Jane thought to herself it was an amazing kiss but she didn’t feel the sparks she felt with Kennedy.
“I will text you later Jane.” Austin said smiling
“Okay. Goodnight” Jane
“Goodnight Austin.” Jane said while walking into her house.
Image

The next morning Jane woke up with text on her phone. One from Austin that read
do you want to go to Moose's party tonight with me and one from Kennedy that read
good morning do you want to go to breakfast? .
Jane quickly responded to both of them 'yes'.
Jane jumped out of bed and got ready for the day. When she was done getting ready, she walked over to Kennedy's house.
She made the decision that she was going to knock and go through the front door, and not use the roof.
She rang the door bell and Mrs. Brock answered the door.
"Hi Jane. How are you this morning?" Mrs. Brock said with a smile on her face.
"Really good."
"I do believe Kennedy is wide awake in his bedroom. Just head on up there, and if he is not awake wake him up."
"Will do Mrs. Brock" Jane said smiling and heading up stairs.
When Jane got to Kennedy door she knocked on the his door.
"Come in" Kennedy said
When Jane entered Kennedy room she found him on his bed strumming on his guitar. He started to sit down his guitar when Jane said.
"Please don't stop playing." Kennedy smiled and strumming again.
"So what ever happened to Last Call For Camden?"
"You know nothing major. We all decided we wanted to other things."
"Really?"
"Yeah. Jess, Stephen, and John are now in The Summer Set. Weston went to college, and I joined The Maine." Jane then went and sat on the edge of Kennedy bed.
"You know I had heard of The Maine, and I was going to go see you with my friend Charlotte. I never knew how you guys looks though. I remember Charlotte was always talking about how cute this Kennedy guy was, but I never thought you would be the Kennedy she was talking about." Jane said snickering to herself a little bit
"That's really weird. In one of the letters I wrote you I told you about me changing my name." Kennedy said with a awkward smile on his face.
He then sat up and put his guitar down.
"You ready to go?"
"Yeah I'm ready."
The two of them walked out of the house to Kennedy's car and got in. They were driving for a minute when Kennedy looked at Jane.
"So how was your date with Austin?"
"It was nice he asked me to go to Moose's party with him tonight." Kennedy then bit his lip wanting to say more then he should.
"What did you say?"
"I told him yes, and he said he would pick me up at eight."
"You know he's like three years older then you right?"
"Yes I know that."
The then arrived at the restaurant the host asked them how many, and Kennedy told him two. They were then seated.
They looked at their menus when the waitress came over and asked what the wanted to drink. Kennedy said orange juice, and Jane said coffee. The waitress came back with their drinks and took their order.
"So do you plan on going to Moose's tonight?" Jane said smiling
"Yeah I never miss a party at Moose's."
"So is everyone going to be their?"
"Yeah pretty much."
Jane took a drink of her coffee and stared at the table.
"So Jane are we still on for a movie night for your birthday?"
"Of course I wouldn't want it any other way."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so there's now some Austin Gibbs action going on, and also some jealous Kennedy.
the chapter title: Austin Gibbs
Thank you alltimeamandamaine and SweetPea
please comment and subsribe <3
check out my Garrett Story