Sequel: This Broken Place.
Status: complete (: check out the sequel

If I Could Gather up the Nerve

Sweet and Low

After breakfast with Jane sat in her room and decided to look up The Maine. While searching she found out allot about them. This made her wish she had gone to that show with Charlotte. If she did she and Kennedy could have maybe talked.
Jane then look at the clock and it read 7:30. She took off running to her closet and grabbed what she was going to wear and took off for her bathroom.
She hopped in the shower. After showering she blewed dried her hair. She then put some make up on and looked at the clock and it read 7:53.
She then slipped in to lace shorts and her purple love sweater. She ran to the bathroom and brushed her teeth, and she then ran her fingers through her hair that she decided to leave down.
She walked into her room and saw her clocked read 8:04. Her phone vibrated. She looked down to see a text from Austin. I'm here
She then grabbed her keys and headed downstairs.
She opened the door to find Austin's leaning against his car parked in front of her house.
Her and Austin started walking towards each other, when Austin got to her pulled her into a hug.
"Hey there pretty lady." With a crooked smile on his face.
"Hey Austin" Jane said with a flirty grin on her face. She then leaned up and kissed Austin.
"Ready to go to the Party?" Austin said walking to the drivers side and getting in.
Once they arrived at the party it seemed like it was in full gear. Garrett and Pat were talking about something on the front lawn.
When Pat saw Jane he stopped talking to Garrett and ran over and hugged Jane.
"Hello Jane." He said with a hug smile on his face.
"Hey Pat." Austin then grabbed Jane's hand
"I'm going to steal my date from you Pat." Austin said with a playful smile on his face.
"Okay just take care of her." Pat said playfully.
"I plan on it, don't worry. I don't need Kennedy killing me."
Austin and Jane then walked through Moose's house to the kitchen.
"Austin this is embarrassing but I don't think I know who Moose is"
"Its not embarrassing you just moved back. He's The Maine's tour manager. If I see him I will introduce you to him."
"Okay" Jane said with a smile on her face.
"So what do you want to drink?"
"Surprise me."
Austin then grabbed a redcup and mix vodka and orange juice, and handed it to Jane. Austin grabbed himself a beer. Right about then John walked into the kitchen with a guy Jane had never met before.
"Hey Moose I want you to meet Jane." Austin said smiling.
"Are you Kennedy's Jane?" Moose asked kinda confused.
"What do you mean am I Kennedy's Jane?"
"I mean are you his old best friend?"
"Yeah I am."
"Well its nice to meet you Jane."
"Its nice to meet you too Moose."
"Hey Jane." John waved.
"Hi John" She waved back.
John and Moose then headed towards the living room.
"So what do you want to do?" Austin asked.
Jane then got a smirk on her face. She leaned into Austin and started kissing him. The kiss got heated and Austin lifted Jane up so she was sitting on the kitchen counter. Austin had his hands on her hips, and Jane had her hands in his hair.
"Do you want to find an empty room?" Austin whispered into her ear. She knodded yes and before she could any where. Kennedy walked in.
"Am I interrupting something?"
"Um no." Jane fixed her clothes.
"That's what I thought." Kennedy said unamused. Walking into the living room.
Jane sat there biting her lip.
"Well that's a cock block." Austin said.
"Yeah sorry about that. I don't know what his problem is." Austin leaned in and pecked Jane on the lips.
"Its no big deal. We probably shouldn't do it at a party any way."
"I am classier then that." Jane said rolling her eyes.
"You should probably go talk to Kennedy."
"Yeah I should. How about I go talk to Kennedy and text you when I'm done. Then I will text you and we can meet up."
"Sounds good to me." Austin said leaning in and pecking Jane on the lips.
Austin and Jane both headed into the living room. Austin went to straight to talk to John. Jane pushed her way through the crowd when she saw Garrett sitting on the couch.
"Hey Garrett have you seen Kennedy?"
"Yeah he is in the backyard talking to Tim."
"Thank you."
"No problem.” Jane stepped into the backyard to find Kennedy right where Garrett said he would be talking to Tim.
"Tim can I steal Kennedy from you for a minute?"
"Yeah no problem."
Tim then walked over and started talking to Trey who was sitting at the patio table.
"Kennedy are you mad at me?" Kennedy took a sip of his beer.
"Why would I be mad at you?"
"Because you didn't seem to happy when you walked in on me and Austin kissing in the kitchen."
"That's because it was super awkward."
"So you promise you're not mad." Jane said smiling at Kennedy.
"Yeah" Kennedy said taking another drink of his beer.
Kennedy was avoiding saying promise. Because he wasn't really mad at Jane it was more he was upset. He didn't want to see Jane with anyone else.
Jane then step away from Kennedy, and he went to talk to Trey and Tim. Jane pulled out her phone and texted Austin and asked him to meet her out front.
When Jane and Austin met they went into the living room and started dancing on the make shift dance floor with other couples. Jane saw Valerie trying to talk to Kennedy. It wasn't really talking it was more throwing herself at him. Kennedy wasn't having it. Every time Jane and him mad eye contact he gave her the same in pain smile.
Image

Austin was driving Jane home after the party.
"Did you enjoy the party?"
"Yeah I really did."
They then arrived at her house. Austin parked the car and walked her to the front door.
"Thank you for taking me to the party." Austin then leaning down and kissed Jane.
"I had a nice night too." Jane then kissed Austin again.
"So what are you doing for your birthday?"
"Family dinner." She lied she didn't want Austin to get jealous about her having a movie night with Kennedy.
"Then how about I take you out tomorrow for your birthday? We could to go to dinner."
"Yeah what time do you want to pick me up?"
"How about seven?"
"Sound perfect to me."
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you think of Jane and Austin, or are you Team Kennedy?
So as we speak i am getting ready to go see This Century. I'm pretty excited they're one of my favorite bands.
Chapter Title: Augustana
thank you alltimeamandamaine
please comment and subsrcibe
check out my Garrett Story
so here's the deal I'm posting a John Story with in the next three days. please subscribe