Sequel: This Broken Place.
Status: complete (: check out the sequel

If I Could Gather up the Nerve

Coffeeshop Soundtrack

In the morning Jane woke up and texted Austin, and asked him to meet her at Starbucks.
When she arrive Austin was sitting at a table outside.
"Hey pretty lady."
"Hey" she said not so cheery.
"What wrong?" Austin said sitting down.
"Um Austin we need to stop what ever this is." Austin laughed a little to himself.
"So Kennedy finally grew some and told you how he feels."
"How did you know how Kennedy feels?"
"Pretty lady its really obvious."
"Really?"
"So how did he confess how he felt?"
"He kissed me." Austin laughed again.
"Are you mad at me?"
"Not at all. We were never official."
"Okay. Jane stood up and hugged Austin.
"If you ever want someone to take you to the zoo. You know who to call." Jane and Austin
Image

The second Jane got home she parked her car and went straight through the Brock's side yard. She climbed on the roof and through Kennedy window. He was sitting on his laptop when he looked at Jane and smiled.
"Hey"
"I am no longer with Austin." She then sat next to Kennedy on his bed and leaned over and kissed him.
"So Jane will you be my girlfriend?"
"Yes Kennedy I will." Kennedy smiled and kissed her. “
So what do you want to do today?" Kennedy said smiling.
“How about we go out to lunch?”
“Sounds good to me.”
Kennedy hopped of his bed and grabbed Jane’s hand. They headed down stairs. Once they were in the living room Kennedy peeked his head into the kitchen to see if his mom was in there.
“Hey mom. I’m going out to lunch with Jane.”
“Ok sweetheart have fun.”
When they got outside the two of them got into Kennedy’s car. They were driving for a few minutes when Jane turned the radio up. She started singing “Lately I'm beginning to find that I should be the one behind the wheel. Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there. With open arms and open eyes yeah. Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there, I'll be there.” At the top of her lungs smiling the whole time.
Kennedy started laughing and sang the next part by himself. “So if I decide to waiver my chance to be one of the hive. Will I choose water over wine and hold my own and drive, oh oh. It's driven me before. it seems to be the way.”
“Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there. With open arms and open eyes yeah. Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there, I'll be there. So if I decide to waiver my chance to be one of the hive. Will I choose water over wine and hold my own and drive, oh oh. It's driven me before, it seems to be the way.” They sang along together pretty much screaming the words. They started laughing uncontrollably.
“I love that song.” Jane said in between laughs.
“Really? I couldn’t tell.” Kennedy said laughing.
“Remember we were thirteen when that song came out.” Jane said still laughing.
“Yes. I remember how much you loved it.”
“I still do.”
“We’re here.” The two of them got out and walked into the restaurant. They saw John, Jared, and Garrett sitting at table. The second Garrett saw them he jumped up and went over to them.
“How about you guys come eat with us?” Garrett said smiling.
“Sounds good to me.” Jane said smiling.
“Ok.” The three of them walked over to the table and were greeted by John and Jared.
“So why are you guys holding hands?” John asked
“Because Kennedy’s my boyfriend.” Jane said raising her shoulders.
“When did you guys become official?” Jared asked. Inside Jared was really proud of Kennedy for getting the nerve to tell Jane how he feels.
“This morning.” Kennedy said smiling.
“Oh that’s cool.” Garrett said taking a drink of his orange juice.
“I hate to ruin the happy moment, but how did Austin take this?” John asked curiously.
“He was ok with it. We weren’t official.” Jane said smiling. On the inside she felt pretty guilty about how things ended with Austin. Even though she knew he wasn’t upset she still felt guilty.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title: All Time Low
please comment and subscribe.
Next Chapters when things heat up.
My Garrett Story
My John Story