I'll Be Your Number One With a Bullet

Prolouge

Did I want to move? Hell no. I was perfectly happy in Chicago with my best friends - Drake and Jackson. But my dad demanded I go with him and Alexx after the divorce. He said it would be good for me to get away from my “Druggie friends”(to which I had laughed in his face about) and maybe meet someone that had good grades and aspired to actually become something. I then reminded him I wasn’t Katherine’s twin. I was Alexxandria’s. He yelled at me and smacked me for being a smart ass. Did I mention that my dad might be a little bit abusive? Well he is. That’s why I’m always staying over at Drake’s house. Not that it matters, I mean, he’s gay. And Jackson is his boyfriend, so my dad can grow a pair and get over it. I’m constantly having to cover up my bruises at school and they’re getting bigger and darker. I don’t know what I’m going to do about it.

When we arrived at our new house in Baltimore three days ago, I automatically unpacked then went to find a place away from my house. Tomorrow is Monday, and me and Alexx’s first day of high school at Dulaney High School. Its uniform, which I don’t like. You see, both me and Alexx are expression freaks. So the whole skirt/polo/tie thing isn’t going to work out well for us, I can already tell. Plus we can’t have like dangling earrings and shit. So just like studs and gauges. And if you have gauges, you can’t have tunnels just plugs and tapers. I find it completely unfair. But it is what it is.

I climbed under my covers and set my alarm. I knew I wasn’t going to be getting much sleep tonight but it didn’t matter. Around 1:30 Alexx came into my room and got under the blanket with me.

“Hey Harmony?” she whispered.

“Yeah Alexx?” I said.

“I’m scared. I don’t want to go tomorrow. What if no one likes us?” she said. I flipped over on my side.

“With your personality? People will have to love you. It’s me I’m concerned about.” I said. She giggled and cuddled closer to me. I sighed before finally falling asleep. It was going to be a long day tomorrow.

I woke up to the alarm ringing loudly in my ear and I unwrapped my sisters arms from my body to shut it off and shake her awake. I went into the closet and grabbed our uniforms after putting them on and deciding we didn’t look like shit completely, we went downstairs to get some breakfast and drive to school. I drove today, because Alexx was a nervous wreak, so it wasn’t a big deal. I pulled up in front of Dulaney High School and we grabbed out bags to go into the main office.

“Can I help you girls?” the older woman at the desk asked us.

“Um, yeah. We’re new.” I said.

“Last name?” she said.

“James. Our names are Harmony and Alexxandria.” I said. She handed us a paper each.

“If I got those wrong, just flip them. These are your schedules and locker numbers. Today is A schedule.” she said. I looked down to see that I had the one with my name on it and thanked her before walking out with Alexx.

“What’s you’re schedule?” she said.

“Uh, A schedule. Art, History, Lunch, Science, Trig. B schedule. Government, AP English, Lunch, Spanish, Free Period” I said reading my page.

“Hey, We have History, Trig, and Spanish together! Good luck!” she said. Before going her own way. I had trouble finding my locker but I bumped into another girl.

“You must be new. I’m Alanah. My dad’s the principal. I know this place better than anyone.” she said.

“Uh, yeah. My name’s Harmony. I can’t find my locker?” I said. She looked the paper.

“Oh! It’s between me and Gaskank’s come on!” she said grabbing my hand and pulling me to the locker.

“Did wittle ‘Lanah make new fwiend” the boys voice was annoying at first.

“Fuck off, Gaskank. This is Harmony. She’s new.” Alanah told him.

“Figures. Hey! Didn’t I just see you?” he said.

“No, that was my twin sister. Alexx” I said. “She’s way more outgoing than I am. Now, if you excuse me. I have to get to art”. I walked away from the two to find my way to my first class.
♠ ♠ ♠
lol hi.