Status: IDK

A Saviour Will Be There

Chapter 6

Andy’s Point Of View

I get up on stage and the empty room makes me feel at ease. I picture it full of many different people, and all of them are screaming my band’s name. One cord after the other, and on from there. Suddenly, I look over to see her standing there smiling, so I wave. She is so pretty leaning against that wall, but how could I have fallen for a fan, it just wasn’t supposed to happen. I’m supposed to stick with someone famous, or am I?

I grab the microphone and take a deep breath, “So Jon, what are we working on today?”

“We are working on Mortician’s Daughter.” He smiles, “I know it’s your favorite, so I decided we should work on it. Last time you performed it, you sang it a bit flatly. Perhaps that has something to do with you lacking a love life?” He laughs quietly, and it’s just loud enough for me to hear it.

I start doing tests on the microphone, and everything is looking great, so I motion for them to start the stage lighting. The lights came on and I take a deep breath.

It comes so naturally, it’s perfect, all of it is; the words, the music, and well just everything. I am just coming to my favorite part, and I look over at Kat, and I notice she is singing along, and her eyes are closed.

“…I sit here and smile dear, I smile because I think of you, and I blush.” I am singing and staring at her, and wondering when she’ll look at me. “…I said I loved you as I left you, regrets no longer in my head, but I promised you, and now I’m home again.” I finish singing, and look down at the ground, and then I hear clapping and look up to find Kat clapping her hands.

“That was fantastic Andy!” She is smiling and walking towards me.

“Thanks Kat, that really means a lot.” I feel like an idiot for not commenting about her singing over there. I couldn’t hear her, but I’m sure she sang well too.

Kat looks around the room then focuses on me with a smile. She walks a little bit closer too me, but she stops about five feet away. “After the show what are we going to do?”

I feel like I’ve been hit by a train, because I honestly wasn’t thinking about that. I’m here tomorrow too, but the day after tomorrow my bus leaves for Los Angeles. It seriously feels cruel to say you love someone and then leave them, and I don’t know how well her mother would take news of her daughter leaving. “Kat, I honestly don’t know.”

She doesn’t frown, she actually smiles, “Andy it’s ok, and we’ll work something out.” She walks the five feet between us, and next thing I know she is hugging me. And somehow I know that something will happen in order for us to be together.

“Kat, I really hope we figure something out.” I start to cry, and I feel really cheesy standing here crying over her, but what else is there to do when you really like someone?

She hugs me tighter, “Andy, please don’t cry. I love you, and I’ll never leave you”

“I’ll never leave you either.” I cry harder and hug her back.

I feel a tap on my shoulder, “Andy you need to finish practicing so that D.R.U.G.S. can set up and practice.” Jon looks kinda sympathetic, but serious all the same.

I nod, “You got it Jon.” I look back at Kat, and she just smiles. “Kat, I have to finish practice, but I’ll be down here pretty soon.”

Kat laughs, “Its okay, I enjoy watching you up on stage.”

I go back on stage, and I watch as Kat goes towards the back of the room and sits on a couch back there. I feel like I’m gonna fly to the moon and back! “Hey Jon, let’s practice Carolyn.”

“Fine, whatever you want. I only require that you practice, and it doesn’t really matter which songs.” He looks so bored, but that is like all the time. He almost never seems to smile or seem entertained. Maybe it is just something that tour managers don’t do: no smiling, no enjoyment.

As I’m up there singing Carolyn, and I suddenly notice that Kat isn’t alone on the couch anymore. Matt is sitting right next to her, and they seem to be very into whatever they are talking about. He doesn’t seem like he’s up to anything, so I finish the song and look right at Jon and shake my head.

“Fine Andy, you’re done. Just remember, if you mess up tonight it’s not my fault.” Jon sounds frustrated, but then again he always sounds frustrated.

I jump off the stage and make my way towards the back of the room. “Hey, Matt it’s time for D.R.U.G.S. to set up and practice.”

Matt looks up, “You got it Andrew!” He turns back to Kat, “Hopefully we can finish this conversation some time. It really was a great pleasure talking to you.” Matt stands and starts off in the direction of the stage, but suddenly stops in his tracks and turns to face me. “Andy, just remember it takes more than one day to fall in love.” He leaves it at that and turns and walks off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long, I couldn't decide where it should go exactly :/