Status: done

For the Love of Saskatoon

Christmas Day Surprise

“Colby, baby, come on, it’s Christmas,” I heard my angel’s voice. I rolled over and was met with the strong smell of hot chocolate.
“You know, I was expecting a big kiss fest this morning, like yesterday.”
“That was Christmas Eve, not as important as Christmas.”
“Fine,” I got out of bed and threw on some boxers before kissing Mick and taking my hot chocolate from her. We went into the family room where the tree was displayed and where I put all of Michaela’s gifts. She said I would get mine later.
“Which one first?” she giggled as she looked at all the gifts I had gotten her.
“Pick one,” I smirked and took a sip of the cocoa. I watched as she picked the smallest gift. She unwrapped it and there was another box, kind of like the box that the ring was in.
“Well, I already have a ring, so what’s in here?” she opened it and her eyes lit up. “What’s the key to?”
“My apartment in Toronto,” I replied with a grin. She opened the other little box. It was yet again another key. “The key to the house,” I motioned around me. She opened a medium sized box. My game day jersey was in there. “That’s the only jersey number I ever want you to wear.” She opened a larger box. “That’s the only game you are allowed to beat me at,” it was Rock Em Sock Em Robots. She let out a laugh. And there was a hockey stick, not wrapped. “And this, this is for when I teach you how to play.”
She turned towards me and kissed me. We kissed until I heard the doorbell. She leaped up and went to answer it while I threw on some pajama pants from the laundry room that was next to the family room.
“Colby!” she giggled and I met her by the door. Standing there was a few guys with boxes and a moving truck. “I’ll be moved in in an hour,” she smiled and kissed my cheek before showing the movers where to bring her boxes. I got to making breakfast as she unpacked and when she came back, it was ready.
“Is that my Christmas present?” I asked as I kissed her cheek.
“Nope.”
“Than what is?” I was majorly confused.
“This,” she showed me a piece of plastic. It took a minute to register that it was a home pregnancy test.
“What? How? When?” I asked.
“Halloween, remember?”
“How could I forget?” I smiled as big as I could and picked her up to twirl in my arms. “You are coming with me to Toronto. There’s no discussion. We are going to pack, right now!” I put her over my shoulder and we went to the bedroom. I got some of the boxes that she had from moving into the house here and looked around. “Where’s everything else?”
“Already on its way to Toronto,” she smiled.
“God, I love you!” I kissed her and kissed her stomach. “And I love you, baby.”