Status: New

Darling I Do

I was just a shy meek girl who just turned 17 and attending Bristol University. My priorities lied in my classes and the job I held at the store Avonigh Books. I only had a few friends that liked my company, but other than that it was the same schedule every day.

As I sit here writing this, I know maybe in a few seconds those blasted tears will streak my face. I write this only for the memories, and probably sometime when I’m 40 or older, I can look back at this journal and remember you, as you were my first love. But right now, with my cup of tea near me, looking outside to the snow falling on the ground, my heart aches for those long callused fingers to brush my cheek as they always did cold winter mornings like these. But when time passes and all I see is an empty kitchen with books rather than cooking utensils, I remind myself for the umpteenth time I must move on. For rather holding back tears and memories I’d want to forget, it’s probably better writing them down on this spare sheet of parchment.

Whether it is the good times, the bad times or the times I should have never wrote down for your eyes to feast, I do hope you’ve had a time where you stop and think about everything you thought you knew.

Charlotte (Lottie) Mynx Burrows

~
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4