Don't Look At Me Like That (Patrick Kane)

Don't Look At Me Like That (Patrick Kane) Chapter 20: Chatting with the 'Enemy'

Seabs and I finally recovered from our sickness and the Hawks continued to dominate in games. There was the big game coming up against the Pittsburgh Penguins. I was actually pretty excited because they are my second favorite team. I’m pretty sure I have a couple penguins shirt in my closet that the Hawks never saw me wear. They’d probably give me hell about it.

I was going to the United Center to watch the game against the Penguins, but of course I’d be cheering on my Hawks.

“So you’re coming to the game tonight right?” Patrick asked over the phone as I sat at my kitchen table.

“Did I ever miss a game that was home since I met you?” I asked

“None that I could think of…” He said

“That’s because I wanna cheer you guys on! I’ll meet you in the locker room before the game” I said

“Ok well after the game everyone is coming to mine and Tazer’s place for a party, so come with me.”

“Ok I’ll come”

“And stay the night” He pleaded

“Hm… I don’t know about that” I teased

“Pleaseee?” I could hear the whine in his voice.

I chuckled at his kid antics “Fine!”

“Ok then see you before the game”

“Yup, bye Patrick” I said

“Bye Kels, Love you”

“Love you too” I smiled and hung up.

I got ready for the game and put on my jeans, straightened my hair, put my make up on and finally pulled on my Patrick Kane Jersey.

I gave myself one last look in the mirror and went to the door. Just as I was pulling on my converse I heard my phone ring.

I looked at the screen.

“Im coming! Sheesh calm your butt down!” I yelled into the phone.

“Well I was just gonna say that I was outside! No need to yell!” Emma yelled back

I laughed and hung up and grabbed my bag and ran out the door and made my way to Emma’s car.

“You ready” She asked as I plopped into the passenger seat.

“Yeah im ready” I said looking at her and froze when I saw her neck.

“HOLY SHIT!” I screamed

She jumped and accidently honked the horn which caused the guy in front of us to look back and glare at us.

“What!?” She said looking frightened

“What is that on your neck!” I said pointing to the hickey which happened to be peeking out behind her hair.

She turned bright red and coughed.

“Well…” She stuttered a bit

“You and Sharpie are getting some!” I gasped again causing her to smile.

“Is it really that bad? Damn… I knew I should have gotten that neck brace and pretended I got into an accident!” She said dead serious which caused me to crack up and that caused her to crack up.

And this is why she’s my best friend.

We got to the UC and parked the car and we passed by the visitor locker room. I eyed the door just when Kris Letang walked out.

I gasped and threw my arm out to get Emma’s attention but accidently slapped her in the face.

“What the HELL Kels!” She yelled holding her nose.

OMFG it is Kris Letang. DAMMIT KELS! CALM YOUR INNER FANGIRL!

He seemed to notcie my outburst.

“Hey” He smiled and gave a small wave

“I’m…” He didn’t get to finish his sentence because I interrupted him.

“Kris Letang. I know who you are!” I said louder than usual mentally slapping myself in the face.

He eyed my Kane jersey and gave me a confused look.

“Penguins Fan?” He asked questioningly

“No actually Blackhawks fan, but the Penguins are my second favortite team. Shhhh the Hawks don’t know it though” I said as he chuckled.

“Im Kelsey, and this is Emma” I said pointing to a waving Emma.

“Well Im gonna get going but nice to meet you!” Emma said and walked away from the now akward situation because of me acting like a obsessive 12 year old. That left me and Kris alone.

“So are you Kaner’s girl?” He asked which caught me off guard.

“Why would you think that?” I cocked my head to the side.

“Well first of all you got to the locker rooms without security tackling you to the ground, so you cant be some fan girl. Secondly you’re wearing his jersey.” He said pointing to the number 88 on my jersey.

“Good observations.” I said already knowing we would be good friends.

“Wanna come in the locker room?” He asked

CALM THE INNER FANGIRL AGAIN!

“Ok I’ll come in for a bit!” I said brightly, walking in after him.

When I walked in I stuck out like a sore thumb. I was that one red blob in a sea of white blobs. All the players stared at me when I walked out from behind Letang. I awkwardly waved and smiled.

“Guys, this is Kelsey” He introduced me giving me a light shove to the front.

I awkwardly waved again.

Why do you have to be so akward Kels?! That’s Tazer’s job!

I heard a wolf wistle from Talbot who was sitting to the right making me blush.

“Don’t even think about it. She’s Kaner’s girl” Letang said and I smiled gratefully at him.

“Damn” I heard him say and I laughed.

After about 30 minutes in the locker room, I had gotten half the team’s number, a whole bunch of new friends, and an invitation to come to Pittsburgh whenever I wanted.

“Bye Staalsy!” I said ruffling his hair causing him to swat my hand away.

“Bye Sid!” I waved at him and he smiled back.

“You know, thank god you’re not as awkward as Tazer!”

“I find that a good thing…” He said laughing
"Keep on smiling Flower!" I yelled getting another one of those amazing smiles.

I walked to the door and yelled my last goodbyes to the guys.

“So If you’re ever in Pittsburgh or if you just need something feel free to call any of us” Letang said giving me a hug.

“Thanks Tanger! I will!” I said giving him a smile and walked out of the locker room.

I smiled to myself as I walked to the Hawks locker room. When I opened the door everyone was already ready and dressed.

“Its about time you made it!” Seabrook yelled.

“I was talking with the ‘enemy’.” I said getting confused looks from everyone.

I just smiled and winked at Patrick which caused him to smile at me and I smiled back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pittsburgh Penguins, My second favorite team <3 Just saying guys we need to win this game tonight for Hossa. If not, i will beat torres's ass myself.