‹ Prequel: Weapon of Choice
Status: Completed!

Inside Your Eyes

It Starts

A fist flew through the air aimed right at my face. I ducked and kicked my opponent's feet out from under him, taking a gun from my waistband, I focused the barrel at his head, "I love winning!"

Clapping came from behind, "Very impressive."

I turned my head, "Thank you," I got up and the Joker grabbed my waist, kissing me. The man behind me eased up, holding a knife. I pulled away from the kiss, "Not distracted that easily." I whirled around and punched him in the throat, causing him to fall on the floor gasping for air.

"Very, very impressive," he put his arm around my shoulder and led me out of the room, "I'll have to take precautions now."

"Only if you hurt me first. I still don't understand why you had me perfect my fighting skills for six months."

"You don't?" he gave me a disbelieving look.

"Well, I know Batman has fighting down to a science, but why so long?"

He looked around and whispered in my ear, "Your fighting before wasn't that great."

"What? I thought I was good!"

"You fought like a girl before."

"Oh, so now I fight like a man?" I crossed my arms.

"No, you still have that feminine charm," he smirked, "You're actually using it right now."

"Hey!" I smacked his face playfully.

"Oh, now you did it!" he began to chase me all the way to a closet where he locked the door.

******************************************

I walked out of the room first, supporting a few new bruises. In the make-shift recreational room where the TV sat, I plopped on the couch next to one of the new recruits, "Maya Conway."

"Yeah, they made an 'E! True Hollywood Story' on her. It's coming on s-" he turned and looked at me, "I thought you were dead!"

"Do you believe everything you hear?"

"Not usually, but I mean...they had a funeral and all! How'd you get away with it?"

"I have my ways," I said in an attempt to sound cool. The truth was I didn't exactly know, "So what's your name?"

"Gil. Wanna watch this with me?"

"Maybe the first few minutes." I turned my attention to the TV where they had a few photos of me, and a woman telling the fake story of me.

"Maya Conway lived a fast yet admirable life. Growing up in Downtown Gotham, she was a respected academic athlete. Losing both her parents at ages 14 and 19, she retained a sense of honor and began to earn her own way into society..." the narrator went on about how 'perfect' I was, showing pictures with Lisa and I.

"Ok, I'm going to leave."

"But it was just getting started!" he slid his arm around my shoulders.

I began to laugh, "In your dreams Gil."

"No, now!" he tried to grab my face.

I blocked him and slammed my elbow against his nose. He fell unconscious, his nose broken and bleeding, "Like I said, in your dreams."

I casually walked back to my room, locking the door behind me When will guys realize that I'm not easy just because I'm a girl? I walked to my desk and opened the drawer. Popping open the secret compartment, I took out a small box. I lifted the old handkerchief inside to reveal a newspaper clipping. I gazed at the picture of a mournful Bruce Wayne and Alfred staring at Lisa, baby Jarrett, and my graves. I read the article title 'Billionaire Grieves Results of Joker Attack'. "I still don't understand why Batman had me declared dead." I put the newspaper back in its hiding place, "I'm also angry that he never gave Bruce my letter," I sighed, "Maybe it was for the best."

The Joker burst through my door, "Ready to rob your first jewelery show?"

"You finally think I'm ready?" I slid the drawer shut with my hip and crossed my arms.

"Ok, I may have been a little over protective..."

"Yeah, for half a year," I laughed under my breath and reached for the clown makeup. I smeared white over my face, and detailed my eyes.

"Can't you hurry it up?"

"I'm a girl, these things take time. I'm perfectly comfortable with you waiting." Ten minutes passed, "Done! See that wasn't so horrible," I turned around and adjusted my white blond wig, "How do I look?"

I could see the smirk through his red greasepaint, "A jester to go with a clown. It's perfect!" he took my arm, "I would go crazy on you here and now, but sadly the jewelry show doesn't wait."

"Don't worry, I'll keep the makeup on when we come back here." We walked out, various henchmen following behind, "The sun is setting, you think...?"

"I know he's going to be there. This is why I didn't let you out the hideout until now."

I sighed I think I'm going to throw up if I see Batman.
♠ ♠ ♠
After a year of waiting, It's finally been published. Guess that's how writer's block works. Hope you enjoy!