‹ Prequel: Weapon of Choice
Status: Completed!

Inside Your Eyes

The Chase Part 2

I landed in the rotten food, leaving some dignity behind. The smell was awful. I mostly detected throw-up or urine. I rolled out of there as quick as I could, "When all is said and done, I am taking a shower in bleach." I ran away, evading the hospital security, and gaining a head start. First off I need clothes. Running through the street half naked will only get me noticed even more.

I made my way to the main parking lot. I caught sight of a mother and her son leaving their car, "Hey!" I waved my hand, "Have any extra clothes I can borrow. Sorta in a hurry," I huffed.

"Are you running from the hospital?"

No, I'm building a house. What do you think lady? "Can I please just use some extra clothes? I'll return them."

"Chris, we need to get into the car. We'll see your father later."

"Mom, she needs help," he said. For a boy in his teens, he was unusually caring of a runaway. I'd guess breaking the law had become famous to the younger generation as well since villains made their appearance.

"Chris! We aren't helping this woman! Get in the car!"

"No," he promptly took off his converse, "Here."

"Wow, thanks..." the security was catching up to me, "I have to go, but thank you! I'll remember you Chris. I do have another request..."

*******************************************************************

I screeched out the parking lot in their car, "Such a nice boy!" By this time the security had him and that woman kneeling on the ground.

"Why do you have to be such a bad kid!" the woman shouted.

"Hey, you aren't my mother!"

"If I were you kid, I' be quite. This is going on your permanent record," one of the police said.

I looked back on the scene and stepped on the gas. They were something to slow down the cops Oh how I will mention you at the press conference, Chris.

I stepped on the gas and made it to the city hall with only minor crashes behind me. After lingering for a minute to see the status on cops, I kicked the door open and made a dash for the stairs. About halfway up, a cop caught sight of me and shot at my ankle. Though he missed, I stood there for a second shouting, "Hey, you can't shoot at me!"

He looked dumb founded that I actually talked. He shot at me again and I ran up the rest of the steps.

**********************************************************************

Before long, I heard sirens and screeching tires outside. I turned on to a hallway filled with doors, "Holy Mother of...!!! Which damn room is it?" I stood there aggravated, shaking my head in my hands.

"Are you lost?" I heard a man walk up to me.

"Sorta. I'm here on business," I looked up at him, "Daniel?"

"Maya? But you've been dead for...a while!" he pulled me into a suffocating hug, "I thought you'd been taken from us!"

"Remember that surprise Batman said would be here," I wheezed. He let go of me, "Not entirely sure how I got here, but I'm here."

"How did you...? Where...? Did The Joker-"

I cut him off, "I don't really want to talk about it. My guess is to let the word out that I'm alive. Is Batman here?"

"It's day time, so I guess no. Want me to escort you to the press conference?"

"Please."

"By the way, I like your outfit."

I looked down, and horror washed over me I'm going to announce on national television in a hospital gown and converse!? "You know, I change my mind. The press can figure out that I'm myself from the hospital." I turned to see cops filing in the halls, "Never mind! Let's get to that press conference!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in a bit readers. Recent eye doctor appointments landed on Tuesdays two weeks in a row. Don't worry, my eyes are fine, but my wallet may not make it D':