‹ Prequel: Weapon of Choice
Status: Completed!

Inside Your Eyes

Can't Run

Oh how the days passed. The sweet days I had yearned for. They were filled with monotony, work, and surprisingly a little romance. My name was now cleared by the DNA analysts.

I now knew why the nights in Wayne Manor were so quiet. Those times were the most confusing for me. I couldn't break through my feelings for either of them. Even though days with Bruce were some of the best I had ever experienced, I still had fleeting thoughts of The Joker. I never knew why, either. I had come to terms that he had never shown the respect that Bruce showed me.

My best explanation was that The Joker was my home. For five solid years, he was the only one that was constant in my life. The only thing I could hold on to.

When the lights were off, and Alfred was asleep, I would slip out of my window, lay on a easily accessed space of roof, and stare at the moon. There my thoughts would run wild, ranging from Will things ever be easy again? to Why did I never own a horse? The mind traced the globe before I became tired and slinked back to my bed.

The mornings and evenings were filled with schedule. I would occasionally have dates with Bruce. When the time was right, I invited him back to my room. It was beautiful, I was beautiful. No longer could I deny that I was in love with him. When I saw his face, I smiled. I felt the need to talk about him during random times of the day when I went out with some of the other women that worked at Wayne Enterprises.

The things I never admitted to myself, though, were the truths that haunted me. Deep in my subconscious, I longed to be Ruse again. Life on the run was so exhilarating and unexpected, my normal life didn't suite me wholly. Sure, Bruce would take me for a whirl around Gotham, which made me weak at the knees, but it was never me doing that. It was never me running across different buildings, or even breaking the law. I wanted my old life back. I had lived the dream, but realized all that glitters isn't gold.

Four months had passed, and I was still in love with The Joker.
♠ ♠ ♠
The chapter's short, but I needed a time lapse and something to show that she's getting bored. The song for this chapter would be Broken by Gorillaz.