‹ Prequel: Weapon of Choice
Status: Completed!

Inside Your Eyes

New Addition

"What!?" Cordelia turned mid-shot and hit a passing man in the shoulder, "The Joker wants me to work for him?" the overly eager smile she wore made my stomach churn.

"Oh God help me!" the man started yelping.

"I think you shouldn't get so excited. I'm pretty sure that guy was going to be a front runner in the next robbery."

"Who cares? I'm working for The Joker now!" she started jumping up and down.

"Calm down, it's not a glamorous as it's made out to be. We need you to be a mole for your drug boss, George Beadrix."

"Oh, the Drix? Sure. So what information do you need?"

"Just keep an eye on him. Feed us information about his upcoming plans."

"Done! I cannot wait for this!" she took up the gun and aimed it at the man, "This is going to be fun!" she pulled the trigger.

***************************************

I closed the kitchen door behind me and let out a sigh of relief Glad that's over. She is really wearing on my nerves with that Joker talk. I shook my head and got a beer from the fridge He said so himself that she scared him...I shouldn't worry...

"So did she accept?" I saw the Joker standing on the opposite side of the table.

"To say 'yes' would be an understatement," I took a sip of the beer.

"Good, now about our plans to deal with Beadrix. I hear he has a few connections with Wayne Enterprises," the name made me perk up and listen more closely, "Some of the workers in the Scientific Research Department have found a way to melt Ecstasy into a hard, clear substance that resembles glass. I think they call it Sweet Beaker or something? Anyway, I wanna mess with him and take his business."

"Sounds nice, how do we do it?"

"Well, our little hostage will feed us information about their next meeting. To put it bluntly, we crash their party, maybe kill a few, convince Beadrix to work for us or he dies, take everything, and a name for you will be made."

"Wow, and you came up with that in less than a day?"

"Yes?"

"You truly are a mastermind of destruction. Wait, why make a name for me?"

"Right now the media is portraying you as another criminal that works for me."

He turned on the TV. A talk show with Commissioner Gordon came into view, "So, how do you feel about this new outlaw that killed all your men on the scene?"

"She will be brought to justice. This 'Ruse' person may work for the Joker, but that doesn't mean that she won't slip up somewhere. Besides, we all know how he treats his henchmen. Regardless of whether she is female, steps will be taken to bring her down."

"You seem particularly angry about this woman. Why is that?"

"I believe that she killed Lisa Jennings and Maya Conway."

"Where did you get these ideas?"

"In recent conversation with my colleagues, some of the evidence points to her as the culprit."

The Joker turned off the TV, "See what they accuse you of?"

"Isn't that what I am? I mean in a way I am the killer of Maya, and I do work for you."

"Well, yes, but you're my right hand. You're an asset not a liability to me." I started laughing, "What did I say?"

He has an odd way of expressing emotion, but it's there. "Nothing, I just-"

"Maya!" I hear Cordelia yelling my name down the halls.

"In here, and call me Ruse!"

"And that's my cue to leave," he acted out a makeshift salute and ran out the room.

"Oh, there you are. I have a question."

"Shoot," I said and gulped down the rest of the beer.

"What's your relationship with him?"

"The Joker?"

"Yeah, I mean is it just physical or is there really something there?"

I felt like banging my head on the desk, but I just looked at her and smiled, "That's personal Gerttie," I got up and left. That girl has issues. Drugs only go so far, but to ask for that? She is really getting on my nerves. I popped my knuckles and locked the door to my room She's only a mole. Once she does her job the Joker will throw her out on her ass. I just have to hold out until then.