‹ Prequel: Weapon of Choice
Status: Completed!

Inside Your Eyes

Damn Confusion

I watched her the whole way home. She always stared out the window wearing that smirk on her face. I always wondered what she was thinking of that made her so happy. Before I knew it we were back at the hideout. The same dark, dank place that smelled of piss. It never bothered me before, but for some reason I wanted to find somewhere better. Somewhere she'd like, "You ever think about relocating?"

"Hmm? I mean I guess if we have to. It's just another hideout right?"

"Right..." When did I get so caring about where we lived, I mean...where I lived...

Because you care about me. that damned voice in my head giggled.

"Shut up!"

"Me?" Maya looked confused.

"Well...no," Not directly.

We walked inside. Many of the men had taken a shine to Maya. Just seeing that she still walked made them happy. I hated it. I was so annoyed every time I saw their faces light up like the Macy's Day Parade.

"I'm glad you're ok Maya," one of the men smiled crookedly.

"Aw, thank you Blaze," she smiled back at him like she enjoyed this type of thing.

She even knows their names?

"Actually, I wanted to talk some things over with you. Seems like I'm in trouble again."

She looked at me, "This will only take a minute or two. Can you survive without me?"

No, not when you're with him! I found myself just nodding as she turned around and left with him. I stormed to my room throwing things every which way, "How could she just leave me like that!?"

I never leave you. I'm right here.

"Yes, but you're not the real thing!" I threw a knife at the wall.

I'm always here. Remember that!

"How could I forget!?"

Someone walked in the room, "Joker?"

I turned around to see it was that girl, Cordelia, "What?"

"You were talking to the wall. Something on your mind?"

This girl did help me out with getting Maya out of jail, but can I trust her? "Why are you in my shirt?" The fact that she was just in my shirt made me feel...confused.

"Oh I found it on Maya's floor. Laundry day."

We have laundry days? "Well, you're free to go back to her room."

"Actually I need to talk to you about something. Its about Maya. She's not like you."

"Well she is a girl."

"I mean, she cares about people. When you and her go out to rob some place she only kills the ones who threaten to hurt her."

I had never thought of that before, "Everyone has their own way of doing things."

"She's also loving. Like back when she was undercover with that Lisa girl and the Wayne guy. That wasn't acting!"

"So?" She's not still thinking about that is she? I mean she was pretty nice to that guy. She's not...

"I heard she just throws that love around like its nothing," she sat on my bed and slumped over, "She's also very jealous of you. She wants to constrain you, tie you down, and make you her little piss boy."

That's not like her...is it? I mean, she got friendly with that Wayne guy when she lived with him. I sat on my bed. I'm always smiling, but this time...

"I'm here to help whenever you need it," she put her hand on mine.

It was weird, almost as if she were coming on to me, "You should talk to her about this..."

She took my hand and put it to her chest, "I don't want to." She had this sly smile on her face.

My mind was speeding through thoughts. Girls aren't supposed to do this, not around me. I mean...I don't think a girl has ever done this...not even Maya.

"I think we're a better match." She pulled me down so I laid on her and kissed me.

I wasn't sure about this. I was...

The door opened.

I broke the kiss seeing Maya standing there. She was in a dead stare at both of us. I stood up quickly, "I...she...!!!"

She slammed the door, "Told ya she was different. I would've killed you." Cordelia sat there as smug as a person could be.

I huffed and rushed out the door, not thinking of what to say or do once I got outside.

I found her by that '69 Chevy Camaro I stole years ago, fiddling with the keys, "Are you getting food?" I asked Idiot!

"No," her face was red with anger.

"You shouldn't be mad at me!" I took out a knife, "You were flirting with that Blaze person!"

"Flirting?" she sneered, "Blaze is gay, Joker! He has a crush on some guy and I was talking to him about it," she unlocked the door to the car.

"Where are you going!?"

"Getting away from here!" she slammed the door.

"You leave and I'll cut you!"

"Try," she stomped on the gas and sped off. I wanted to go after her, but something stopped me.

What are you doing? Go after me!

"Why? She'll come back. She always does."