‹ Prequel: There and Back
Sequel: Better Than Revenge
Status: total rewrite, but i will post with 5 commentors!

Memory Lapse

Hosptial

Beep...Beep...Beep.
That annoying sound was coming from somewhere on my left. At first I thought it was an alarm clock, but the beeps were too far apart. I've hear that sound before but I couldn't remember where. My eyes stayed closed as I felt around me. The first thing I noticed was that there were bars on the bed.
I slowly started to open my heavy eyelids. I could see the stark white walls, the long lights that you would find in schools, and the TV mounted on the wall. I saw a big white board and some machines.
My eyes snapped open and I sat up straight as a board, not my best idea. I was in a hospital. The room I was in was empty beside me. The blinds were drawn and the door was closed. I was hooked up to machines, including the annoying, beeping heart monitor.
I swallowed hard and noticed that my throat hurt. I lifted my hand and my fingertips gently brushed against my bandaged neck. I looked down at my hands and saw that both my wrists were also covered in gauze bandages.
My heart started beating like mad in my panic, making the machines beep even more. Carlisle burst through the door a few seconds later. He looked slightly worried but a quick sniff of the air told him that everything was okay. He smiled gently at me. "How are you feeling, Lizzy?"
"Slightly freaked," I answered honestly, trying to make my voice light.
He smiled at me and started checking my cut wrists. I gasped in horror when I saw the razor marks like the ones I used to do to myself. Again, my heartbeat hitched up and I started to hyperventilate.
"Carlisle, what happened to me?"
His expression was grim. "I'm not completely sure. Alice had a vision of you at your house cutting yourself. Unfortunately, that's the way that Bella found you."
"That's not true!" I protested. I started to get up but then felt too woozy and laid back into the soft pillows. “I haven’t cut myself since I was 18, when I dumped Jacob the first time.”
"I'm sure that you're right. Do you know what happened?"
I closed my eyes and thought back. "I was at your place for most of the morning. Edward and Bella were trying to comfort me; they were trying to make me not think about Jacob. Let's see. Then I went home and- OH! Jane was at my house. She was waiting for me. I must have blacked out before she did this to me."
Carlisle frowned. "Jane, huh? I'd heard that she was in Japan earlier today. We'll have Tony take a look."
"Depending on how long I've been out, she could be anywhere in the world by now." I sighed heavily. "It's fine that you don't believe me."
He squeezed my shoulder lightly. "I do believe you. Aro knows about Alice's powers just as well as she does. We'll just have to keep a better eye on you and that baby."
"Is my baby okay? What about Erica? She was supposed to be getting to the house shortly after me."
"Your baby is absolutely fine. It's coming along nice and healthy from what I can see. You just have to be careful.
"And as for Erica, she's a little shaken up. She was attacked bit doesn’t remember exactly what happened."
"Jane knew," I muttered. "And Erica got hurt because of it. Carlisle, this is all my fault."
"No, it's not, Lizzy. Just get some sleep. I'll tell everyone that you're okay. They're all waiting impatiently in the lobby. I'm sure that most of them are listening outside the door right now."
"Really?” I asked excitedly. I sat up a little straighter and called, “Come in."
The door handle turned and I was surprised at how many people could eavesdrop. Emmett, Rose, Leah, Alice, and Nessie were all huddled together looking exceptionally guilty. "Let me guess: Bella, Edward, Esme, Charlie, and Jasper are all in the waiting room."
"And Billy," Nessie giggled, bouncing up to me and hugging me gently. "We were all really worried about you, Aunt Liz."
I moved over and patted her onto the bed next to me. "I'm fine. But if you're all here, where’s Erica and how is she?"
"Seth and my cousin Blaike are with her," Leah answered. "She has a bump on her head, I guess, but she’s more freaked out than hurt."
I nodded and smiled at the group as the ones from the waiting room also piled into the room. Bella sat on my other side and leaned her head on my shoulder like she used to when we were kids. I rested my cheek against her hair and kissed her forehead. It was strange to see how much my life had changed in only a couple of years. The last time I was in Forks, surrounded by these people, I was 18 and the same age as my twin, I was graduating high school, and Jacob was in love with me.
Yeah, lots of things had changed and it wasn’t all for the better.
God, life sucks.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry, its kinda short and its been a while since i've updated! but thats kinda cuz i only have 4 comments! gasples! anyway, thanks to you four: clearlyconfused, beachblondea, xoxogal404, JustThinking... luv ya :)